Don Cherry fired

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Canada's favorite racist will no longer be doing his Coaches corner segment on HNC.

After telling immigrants to buy poppies he has been dismissed

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think HNIC ratings will take a hit. A lot of people just watch the first intermission for Don. I don't think what he said was particularly correct but he has said worse. I am really surprised people think that what he said would actually be taken seriously by anybody. Has anybody seen his wardrobe?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It a brand new day. Frankly Don Cherry belongs in the past where he is comfortable and things still make sense.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
HE might have a chance if CBC was still in charge - but its Rogers now.

Free enterprise will not tolerate it

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
New Canadians come here and take for granted the lives and blood given for the freedoms they now have..

They should wear a poppy, but "freedom" is the keyword.. they fought for your right to choose.

BTW www.BoycottRogers.com

Overpriced thieves

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's a shame to have his career end like this but unless Ezra Levant or Fox or Rush hires him, he's done.

The market for the sort of rant is declining in Canada. The times they are a changin'.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
This is why. Facts that go against the lefty dogma are capital offences. But since they are too squeamish to hold a gun never mind pull the trigger this is the best they can do.
Those were half facts, at best.

By the way, I hold Cherry with deep gratitude for his unflinching support of Veterans ... pretty unusual attitude in modern Canada.

Good on you, Don.

Sorry it was a bad day for you.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
On the contrary, it may be heating up, if our southern neighbors, and the rise of the far right in Europe are any indication.
No, people like you are not gaining traction in this country. You were not paying attention to the outcome of the Canadian election. We are diverging rapidly from the culture of our Southern neighbour.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Those were half facts, at best.
By the way, I hold Cherry with deep gratitude for his unflinching support of Veterans ... pretty unusual attitude in modern Canada.
Good on you, Don.
Sorry it was a bad day for you.
The numbers indicate he is right. Even if he does lack tact.