Don Cherry fired

Hoid
Canada's favorite racist will no longer be doing his Coaches corner segment on HNC.

After telling immigrants to buy poppies he has been dismissed

captain morgan
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
There will be a line at Cherry's door to have him on board.

PS - It's common knowledge that you are Canada's favorite racist

IdRatherBeSkiing
+6 / -1
I think HNIC ratings will take a hit. A lot of people just watch the first intermission for Don. I don't think what he said was particularly correct but he has said worse. I am really surprised people think that what he said would actually be taken seriously by anybody. Has anybody seen his wardrobe?

Hoid
It a brand new day. Frankly Don Cherry belongs in the past where he is comfortable and things still make sense.

petros
+3
Where do you belong Natty Daddy?

captain morgan
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

It a brand new day. Frankly Don Cherry belongs in the past where he is comfortable and things still make sense.

You don't watch hockey so what does it matter.

On that note, how furious will you be if Cherry turns up as commentator for the ice dancing competitions you favor?

Serryah
I've been iffy about Cherry for years.

But this; good, old fuker deserves to be fired for what he said.

captain morgan
+5
No he doesn't

Hoid
HE might have a chance if CBC was still in charge - but its Rogers now.

Free enterprise will not tolerate it

B00Mer
+3
New Canadians come here and take for granted the lives and blood given for the freedoms they now have..

They should wear a poppy, but "freedom" is the keyword.. they fought for your right to choose.

BTW www.BoycottRogers.com

Overpriced thieves

B00Mer
+6

Cancel Sportsnet. Don Cherry most Canadian of them all!

Twin_Moose
+3
Don Cherry for PM 2023

Girth
+2 / -1
Cherry should have retired years ago. Having said that, I thought SportsNet could have waited until after Remembrance Day to fire him. He was arguably the most beloved hockey personality in Canada for the past 50 years.

Twin_Moose
+3
Not too many people speak it like they sees it anymore

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Where do you belong Natty Daddy?

Different dimension.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
It's a shame to have his career end like this but unless Ezra Levant or Fox or Rush hires him, he's done.

The market for the sort of rant is declining in Canada. The times they are a changin'.

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Not too many people speak it like they sees it anymore

This is why. Facts that go against the lefty dogma are capital offences. But since they are too squeamish to hold a gun never mind pull the trigger this is the best they can do.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The market for the sort of rant is declining in Canada. The times they are a changin'.

On the contrary, it may be heating up, if our southern neighbors, and the rise of the far right in Europe are any indication.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

This is why. Facts that go against the lefty dogma are capital offences. But since they are too squeamish to hold a gun never mind pull the trigger this is the best they can do.

Those were half facts, at best.

By the way, I hold Cherry with deep gratitude for his unflinching support of Veterans ... pretty unusual attitude in modern Canada.

Good on you, Don.

Sorry it was a bad day for you.

DaSleeper
+3
P. C. Snowflakes shouldn't watch hockey!

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

On the contrary, it may be heating up, if our southern neighbors, and the rise of the far right in Europe are any indication.

No, people like you are not gaining traction in this country. You were not paying attention to the outcome of the Canadian election. We are diverging rapidly from the culture of our Southern neighbour.

taxslave
+2

Those were half facts, at best.
By the way, I hold Cherry with deep gratitude for his unflinching support of Veterans ... pretty unusual attitude in modern Canada.
Good on you, Don.
Sorry it was a bad day for you.

The numbers indicate he is right. Even if he does lack tact.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1

Maybe. I'm not convinced that a lot of immigrants even know that's going on. Those Syrian refugees that you guys crap all over would know more about the horror of war than the rest of the Canadian population combined ever will, at this point in our history. They sure as shyte won't want to remember any of it. They'll just want to get on with their new lives.

By the way, I bought this year's poppy from a Sea Cadet in front of Canadian Tire. He's a Chinese kid.

My father served with Sikhs, Ghurkas and Hindu soldiers in Ceylon (Always said that the Sikhs were a true warrior race). I served with all sorts of types including a lot of French Canadians ... yes, lots of white Wasps, too.

Girth

No, people like you are not gaining traction in this country. You were not paying attention to the outcome of the Canadian election. We are diverging rapidly from the culture of our Southern neighbour.

I forgot how much you hate Western Canadians. My bad...

Curious Cdn

I forgot how much you hate Western Canadians. My bad...

Most of my family are Western Canadians ....Canadians not the traitorous, money grubbing Wexiters like you.

Girth
+1 / -1

Most of my family are Western Canadians ....Canadians not the traitorous, money grubbing Wexiters like you.

lol @ "money grubbing Wexeiter"

First off, Alberta pay far more, per-capita in transfer payments, than any place else in the nation. The Eastern provinces are the main recipient of these payments. How is that greedy?

Secondly, who said anything about Wexit? Maybe you should go back to scrubbing toilets in the Navy.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -2

lol @ "money grubbing Wexeiter"
First off, Alberta pay far more, per-capita in transfer payments, than any place else in the nation. The Eastern provinces are the main recipient of these payments. How is that greedy?
Secondly, who said anything about Wexit? Maybe you should go back to scrubbing toilets in the Navy.

I thought you had me on "Ignore"? Do us both a favour and put me back on, Troll.

Girth
+1 / -1

I thought you had me on "Ignore"? Do us both a favour and put me back on, Troll.

Too many people quoting you. However, I notice your obsession with down voting every single post I have made. That's pretty warped. Maybe you should get the help you need. I can only imagine what you are like to your daughters boyfriends, if you are this consumed with a stranger online.

Hoid

the white nattys have all the poppy stats

Curious Cdn

Too many people quoting you. However, I notice your obsession with down voting every single post I have made. That's pretty warped. Maybe you should get the help you need. I can only imagine what you are like to your daughters boyfriends, if you are this consumed with a stranger online.

It's kind of fun, as a matter of fact.

Welcome to the Forum.

....in your latest incarnation ...