Would you live in Tornado Alley Without Doppler Radar?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Our Minister of Public Safety does and yet Environment Canada is willing to lie to give a false sense of security as highlighted in the following news article.

There is a lot of clean-up to be done in the town of Eston, about 60 kilometers southeast of Kindersley, after a storm ripped through the town on Sunday night.

Photo: Jerry Wiens (Twitter)

Pictures from the town through social media show widespread damage, with most of it centered in the town’s west end.

The town has told people that need assistance they should gather at a local church, and to refrain from using water and sewer until electricity can be restored which could take some time.

It’s not known if a tornado caused the damage or not, but Environment Canada says they did see rotation in the storm with Doppler radar

Meteorologist Mike McDonald said wind speeds reached well over 100 kilometers per hour, adding toonie sized hail was also reported.

The storm, which hit around 9:00 p.m., came after another hot, humid day in Saskatchewan where severe thunderstorm watches and warnings were in place starting in the late afternoon.

Severe storms were also present in the Yorkton area, where wind gusts of 80 kilometers per hour were recorded.

Saskatoon also saw strong winds in the city’s south end reported to be 96 km/h.

McDonald said most of the heat and humidity has moved into Manitoba, which should mean far less storm activity over the better part of the week.

(Files from Drew Postey)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bethune and the make believe radar system. 4 years Ralph and nothing’s changed.

SASKFARMER 1
JUN 30, 2019 07:12
The story unfolding up north is awful and why can’t we have decent warning systems in canada.

Hell I was on a freeway by Kansas City and the Onstar went nuts really nuts plus cell phones.Trucks cars and semis left the interstate immediately and hunkered down. Bathrooms in truck stops are tornado shelters. Shit gets done. Here in canada we probably gave the weather guys the weekend off because nothing is important in western canada. Tornado alley of the north. Yes it’s not Montreal or Toronto.

We live in a very dangerous area in summer and weather forecasting should be a huge thing in Western canada. Yesterday I had some minor truck damage by melville no warning but all of a sudden the sky went dark and hail and wind and rain came on. Nothing not a peep.i guess it’s every man for himself in western canada.

No I’m not making this political it’s awful but Ralph knows the Bethune station is F$&ked and has been for years and still nothing is done. No Radar for Thursday Friday sat storms. They now have a statement attached to the Bethune listing it’s a composite of others or made up.

Yea storm over Montana then disappears till it hits the Manitoba station.

It’s a joke and this is how important we are to Trudeau and company.

Third world weather forecasting out here.

It’s all fun and promises till some one is hurt seriously or dies.

4 years in power lots of promises from the Regina minister and nothing done.

Just sick when it’s important thing to spend money on and they give 250 mill to some off shore group instead of worrying about Canadians who pay taxes and live here.

Just sick Of useless fools in Gov

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There are several things you can do. Use screws when building a new home. Use earthen nerms against wall up to lower window height if possible.

Screws drilled into the soil anchors unto the ground or to a cement basement wall can be use to hold a steel cable that runs up the walls and across the roof and back down to the ground.
The roof part that overhangs should be on a hinge so wind from below tips that part back rather than peeling the whole roof off in one move.
Little things like that as well as a safe room below every garage cement slab.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
My bad, the new spellchecker should have changed that to 'berms'. I notice that only fukked up the retards such as yourself. You can now ignore that part of the post as well.

Your work here is about done, you know that Right??