Wynne leaves climate change announcement in gas guzzling SUV

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Premier wants you in an electric car but...

Premier Kathleen Wynne was at the Evergreen Brickworks in Toronto on Wednesday laying out the plan to fight climate change in the province.

Part of the plan is to encourage Ontarians to get behind the wheel of an electric car with a 'cash for clunkers' program.

That encourages people to trade in their inefficient, older vehicles, for newer vehicles.

But with that in mind, the Premier left the event in a Chevrolet Suburban, which comes with a V8 engine.

When asked about it, after the fact, Environment Minister Glen Murray says the OPP dictates which type of vehicle the Premier rides in, and they don't have an electric or hybrid vehicle that meets that requirement.

He says within the next two years, they are committed to becoming a 'net-zero' government.

NEWSTALK 1010 - IN-DEPTH RADIO :: WATCH: Premier Wynne leaves climate change announcement in gas guzzling SUV :: News - Article

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
They are going to become a net zero government .
I like that .

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Orville Redenbacher.... Died in 1995 - and should haunt this nutbar for hijacking his likeness. Was it the look ... or the fact Redenbacher started his career selling fertilizer?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Hypocrisy knows no end to these guys, don't 'cha know? It's is and always has been "do as I say and not as I do". They'll be free to do what they want at our expense and we'll become poorer as a result.

JMHO

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'll admit.... She's changed my climate. I haven't felt this sort of depression, rage and hate since before my diddling, daughter-raping father-in-law went to Hell. My hydro bill just went up another hundred dollars. So much for store-bought groceries....

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I'll admit.... She's changed my climate. I haven't felt this sort of depression, rage and hate since before my diddling, daughter-raping father-in-law went to Hell. My hydro bill just went up another hundred dollars. So much for store-bought groceries....

And I understand you "ain't seen nothin' yet!"