John Tory has slight edge

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
John Tory has the slight edge in a new mayoral poll that suggests the election is shaping up to be a two candidate race.

The live telephone survey of 800 residents conducted this week found that the former leader of the Progressive Conservative party had 35% support among decided voters, compared to Olivia Chow’s 31% and Rob Ford’s 27%. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points, 19 times out of twenty.

Karen Stintz and David Soknacki continue to languish at the bottom of the popularity rating, with 4% a piece.

The poll, conducted by Maple Leaf Strategies, found 15% of respondents are undecided. When the undecided vote is taken into account, support for the top three candidates splits to 30% for Mr. Tory, 26% for Ms. Chow and 23% for Mr. Ford. Another recent poll by Forum Research found the three top contenders in a virtual tie, while a poll by Nanos gave Mr. Tory a more comfortable lead.

more

John Tory has slight edge in mostly two-way Toronto mayoral race with Olivia Chow, new poll says | National Post

the more chowleaders that jump to their deaths post-election, the better. :lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
stintz will support ford for some hopefully pimpy job afterward...chow chow chow.

tory for the win.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Tory is the safe bet however if Toronto wants to be forward looking David Soknacki is the choice
I'm not sure whether Chow even wanted to put her hat in ring...she would have been much better off in Ottawa padding her pension than chasing the mayorlty and starting all over again with OMERS ...
R Ford is just comic relief......

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I heard this hours ago.

I guess he got tired of waiting for you to post about it.

I know eh...the kid slobbers over himself to get that post count up. :lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"Warren Kinsella 'stepping back' from Olivia Chow campaign"

TORONTO - Warren Kinsella is “stepping back” from the Olivia Chow campaign.

The high-profile political strategist made headlines last week when the John Tory campaign objected to his tweet characterizing their candidate’s SmartTrack plan as “segregationist.”

Kinsella — a senior volunteer on the Chow mayoral campaign who worked on rapid response — deleted the tweet and apologized to Tory but the former Progressive Conservative leader went on to take aim at Chow’s response to the incident and accuse her of “dirty politics.”

On Wednesday, the Chow campaign confirmed Kinsella is no longer involved with the day-to-day operations.

“He remains a volunteer on Olivia’s campaign but by mutual agreement is not involved day-to-day,” Chow spokesman Jamey Heath told the Toronto Sun.

In response to a media inquiry, Kinsella, who writes columns for the Sun and appears on Sun News Network, said he still supports Chow.

“Olivia will be a great mayor,” he said. “I help her where I can, which has always been the case. Stepping back was my decision, and no one else’s.”

Warren Kinsella 'stepping back' from Olivia Chow campaign | Toronto & GTA | News