11 dopers fired from Pickering Nuclear Reactor

Locutus
The Ontario government and the provincial power authority say the safety of citizens was not placed in jeopardy when a group of workers allegedly indulged in “drug-related activity” while on the job.

On November 18, 11 workers at the Pickering nuclear power plant were fired over allegations of drug use, a violation of Ontario Power Generation’s code of conduct that prohibits drug use while on the job.

The workers were all support staff at the plant, the power authority said in a statement.

“When allegations were made of drug-related activity — and it should be emphasized these are still only allegations — we took prompt action to ensure there was not a safety issue and that the plant and the public were protected,” Ontario Power Generation said in a statement.

“After an internal investigation, co-ordinated with the police, we validated this was not a safety issue and was not a question of fitness for duty.”

The authority didn’t reveal further details of the case, citing “privacy laws.”

like, more, man...

Pickering nuclear plant workers fired over alleged ‘drug-related activity’ on the job | News | National Post

Cannuck
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
So the Ontario government says it's OK to operate a nuclear power plant while impaired. I would suggest the next person that is charged with impaired driving ask the court to explain how driving a car while impaired is dangerous but operating a nuke plant isn't.

mentalfloss
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

So the Ontario government says it's OK to operate a nuclear power plant while impaired.

Where does it say that in the story?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Where does it say that in the story?

The first sentence.

mentalfloss
+1

The first sentence.

I think you're reading that sentence wrong.

They're not condoning drug-impaired activity in the workforce. They're just saying that in this particular case, there is no cause for concern of safety.

TenPenny

So the Ontario government says it's OK to operate a nuclear power plant while impaired. I would suggest the next person that is charged with impaired driving ask the court to explain how driving a car while impaired is dangerous but operating a nuke plant isn't.

Can you explain how support staff 'operate' a nuclear power plant?

taxslave
+1

Nowhere does it say operators, it says "a group of workers" . That could mean janitors or cafeteria staff or even security but not the people that control the plant.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
No concern for safety =Media damage control.

They were fired, but apparently Cannuck is looking for an in to come to Ontario and do a bit of drinking and driving.

I'm just kidding canuckster, I know your swamping duties keep too busy to travel.

55Mercury
+1
doh!

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

I think you're reading that sentence wrong.

I think you're reading too much into my response.

TenPenny

I think you're reading too much into my response.

I think that happens if anyone thinks about any of your responses.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Can you explain how support staff 'operate' a nuclear power plant?

Clean toilets are the keystone of a successful and safe nuke.

bill barilko
+2
So who here hasn't choked down a fattie on the midnight shift?

Danbones
I have a late family member who was an engineer at the Bruce years ago. he was telling me after a very suspicious car accident that left him basically a paraplegic, that he had just prior to the accident, confided to his engineer buddies on poker night that he smoked Pot...
I always had a creepy feeling about that...cause and effect...

petros
Are you high?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

The Ontario government and the provincial power authority say the safety of citizens was not placed in jeopardy when a group of workers allegedly indulged in “drug-related activity” while on the job.

On November 18, 11 workers at the Pickering nuclear power plant were fired over allegations of drug use, a violation of Ontario Power Generation’s code of conduct that prohibits drug use while on the job.

The workers were all support staff at the plant, the power authority said in a statement.

“When allegations were made of drug-related activity — and it should be emphasized these are still only allegations — we took prompt action to ensure there was not a safety issue and that the plant and the public were protected,” Ontario Power Generation said in a statement.

“After an internal investigation, co-ordinated with the police, we validated this was not a safety issue and was not a question of fitness for duty.”

The authority didn’t reveal further details of the case, citing “privacy laws.”

like, more, man...

Pickering nuclear plant workers fired over alleged ‘drug-related activity’ on the job | News | National Post

The drug use did not interfere with their ability to order a large pizza with double cheese and extra pepperoni. Always was my favorite after smoking a big fat one.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Are you high?

If thats the best comment you can make in the face of the actual facts man, i suspect iodine is failing YOU
fukushima cool-aid indeed
I suppose the only engineers you talk to drive ho Gage trains.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

If thats the best comment you can make in the face of the actual facts man, i suspect iodine is failing YOU
fukushima cool-aid indeed
I suppose the only engineers you talk to drive ho Gage trains.

Are you related to MHz? Ever been dmoked by a piece of heavy equipment?

Should we talk about the climate change scam?

Danbones

Are you related to MHz? Ever been dmoked by a piece of heavy equipment?

Should we talk about the climate change scam?

ummm...
funny, I wasn't expecting a fact based rebuttal...
I was apparently correct

say...this thread isn't about you is it?
that would certainly explain your qauint posts

petros
Fact about what? That somebody got high? Good thing he didn't get drunk one night and go into work with a killer hang over.

Locutus
+2
howya doin' Doc?

Danbones

Fact about what? That somebody got high? Good thing he didn't get drunk one night and go into work with a killer hang over.

because you seem to have dragged your idiosyncrasies in from another thread about radiation and pills... I'll post this there too so everyone can see:

"However, the pills don't protect against any other form of radiation exposure nor do they protect any other organ. They can't reverse damage that has already occurred. Radiation pills aren't effective for persons over the age of 40 because their thyroid activity doesn't cause them to suffer much of an effect from iodine radioisotope exposure."
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemis...9b00f-0-ab_gsb

I don't think radiation briandamage is your problem at the moment
I think being exposed as a no Knot IS.
Last edited by Danbones; Sep 23rd, 2015 at 07:30 PM..Reason: corrected link

petros
What fraud?

MHz

Are you high?

Which one of the 11teen are you?

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Which one of the 11teen are you?

if you have anything resembling a relevant comment I'm sure I'll have a relevant reply

why do you give the impression you are a multiple?

MHz
This is my favorite avatar.
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

The drug use did not interfere with their ability to order a large pizza with double cheese and extra pepperoni. Always was my favorite after smoking a big fat one.

Let me see if I got your order right, a extra double large pizza with cheese and pepperoni?

if you have anything resembling a relevant comment I'm sure I'll have a relevant reply

why do you give the impression you are a multiple?

That comment was for Pete.
We could try and start here as radiation effects should be similar no matter where it happens. The exposure effects should be similar, such as birth defects in Iraq and births near the damage in Japan. If Japan isn't an example of a bad situation at a nuclear plant then they can save some money as nobody in North America is in any danger until an event happens that is bigger than the one in Japan. Chernobyl was documented as far as the orphanages were concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGhphEqmrHU

Multiple what? I hope I don't use 'we' when the term 'I' would be more truthful. So far when some have been asked why they do it a reply is usually not forth coming even after some badgering.

Curious Cdn

Do donuts qualify as a drug?

tay
[QUOTE=Danbones;2163464]I have a late family member who was an engineer at the Bruce years ago. he was telling me after a very suspicious car accident that left him basically a paraplegic, that he had just prior to the accident, confided to his engineer buddies on poker night that he smoked Pot...
I always had a creepy feeling about that...cause and effect...[/QUOTE

What was suspicious about the car accident?

Are you suggesting it was a set up because he said he smoked pot?

Danbones
[QUOTE=tay;2163767]

I have a late family member who was an engineer at the Bruce years ago. he was telling me after a very suspicious car accident that left him basically a paraplegic, that he had just prior to the accident, confided to his engineer buddies on poker night that he smoked Pot...
I always had a creepy feeling about that...cause and effect...[/QUOTE

What was suspicious about the car accident?

Are you suggesting it was a set up because he said he smoked pot?

oh, the perp who headon-ed the car with a stolen one ( while the engineer was travelling on vacation in the US ) was released unidentified and was never identified, later either...
tell me thats normal please

petros
It's normal.

NORML too.