3 like minded premiers

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I guess you should have voted for someone who didn't want wind power.

Record amount of wind energy generated on P.E.I. in February
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-wind-energy-record-broken-1.5125952

Poor PEI whatever will they do?

They had wind farms a long time ago
When we went there in 2002 the Island was covered with them.....

Couldn't fit in the picture with the happy gang...

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Warren Buffett-linked company to build $200M wind power farm in Alberta
Ah, the same Warren Buffet who supports land-locking Alberta's oil. By the way dumb ass, you can only export wind and solar so far. Good luck exporting that shit to Asia. You also can't refine wind and sunshine and add value to it and create a multitude of very useful products. Oh duh, that's right, you think oil is just used for generating electricity and turning into gasoline.

You'll also notice no Canadian wants to shell out $200M trying to solve a 5000 year old technological problem. Unless you're the Ontario Liberals. They'll happily spend a few billion on ancient technology that Ontario didn't need.

By the by, as of this posting Ontario is generating 0MW from solar power. Not even a drop from batteries.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We need the coal to make EV batteries and for nanotechnology.
You might. I don't need either one. Besides it has been declared that hemp works better for nanotech. Im thinking of making a new version of the Stanley Steamer since we have lots of cheap coal to burn and it is a local product so it must be good.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Ah, the same Warren Buffet who supports land-locking Alberta's oil. By the way dumb ass, you can only export wind and solar so far. Good luck exporting that shit to Asia. You also can't refine wind and sunshine and add value to it and create a multitude of very useful products. Oh duh, that's right, you think oil is just used for generating electricity and turning into gasoline.

You'll also notice no Canadian wants to shell out $200M trying to solve a 5000 year old technological problem. Unless you're the Ontario Liberals. They'll happily spend a few billion on ancient technology that Ontario didn't need.

By the by, as of this posting Ontario is generating 0MW from solar power. Not even a drop from batteries.
Oh I forgot. This is all about moving that oil to China and selling it for $100 a bbl to those stupid asians.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Oh I forgot. This is all about moving that oil to China and selling it for $100 a bbl to those stupid asians.
I know your math skills, like your comprehension skills suck but don't you think it is better to get $100/bbl from Asia than $25 bbl from the US? Especially if as you claim oil is passé.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It's not about math - it's about fairy tales.

I love them but are they really a dependable way to run an economy?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's not about math - it's about fairy tales.

I love them but are they really a dependable way to run an economy?
It sure seems to be for the US, Norway, Brazil, Great Britain, Mexico. Tell us oh great brainless hypocrite, why are THOSE western countries allowed to have a viable oil industry?

Nah, a fairly tale would be thinking that 5000 yr old and 150 yr old technology that were already given up on are answers to 21st century power generation.

It's a banner day this week in Ontario. Wind power has achieved 2000MW of generation. And that 2300MW of installed solar power is just cranking out the electricity with a staggering 71MW. I've had heartburn that could light up more homes.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
We shouldn't brag about surplus power because we Ontarians have to pay for that surplus which is beeing shipped to the northern states as per an old long term contract at rates so low that the Ontario consumers are now subsidizing what is being sold....at a discount rate

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
the $100 a bbl oil is gone.

that is just reality
Ah, so might as well give up since they'll only make a nice profit instead of huge profits. And so what if $100/bbl is gone? Apparently the current market price is still good enough for Norway, Britain, the US, Mexico and Brazil to stay in the game. And I mean once the oil has been extracted, what's the point in refining it into value-added products. Who needs those, right? Yeah, let's run our economy on wind power, solar power and McJobs. That's the reality you sub-moronic nut-cases are shooting for.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Ah, so might as well give up since they'll only make a nice profit instead of huge profits. And so what if $100/bbl is gone? Apparently the current market price is still good enough for Norway, Britain, the US, Mexico and Brazil to stay in the game. And I mean once the oil has been extracted, what's the point in refining it into value-added products. Who needs those, right? Yeah, let's run our economy on wind power, solar power and McJobs. That's the reality you sub-moronic nut-cases are shooting for.
All those other countries have much lower production costs than in the oil sands.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
All those other countries have much lower production costs than in the oil sands.

Where did you get those facts from? Breakeven for the open mine extraction is around $20/brl. SAGGD is more expensive around $45-$50/brl. Still profitable depending on transportation to market cost.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Where did you get those facts from? Breakeven for the open mine extraction is around $20/brl. SAGGD is more expensive around $45-$50/brl. Still profitable depending on transportation to market cost.

He doesn't have a clue TM, hell, he's of the professional opinion that shipping oil via ocean vessel are far less expensive than pipeline

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yeah, and? It's not the f*cking govt that's mining those oil sands, it's private enterprise. You'll notice they aren't bailing on the oil sands because of the price of oil, they're bailing because idiot govts have made it difficult to get their product to market.

When the oil being mined was still just a few inches below the surface, it took the energy equivalent of 1 bbl of oil to produce 25 bbls of oil. Today, it's down to 1:5. And yet oil companies are still there. There's still profit in it, IF they can get it to market.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The 3 premiers of Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick are meeting in Ontario for high-level discussions in order to draft a Wish List for Mr Trudeau. It will look something like this:

"Give me money."
Still beats the half-witted morons you voted for in BC. "NO NEW PIPELINES IN BC!!! NO TANKERS OFF OUR COAST!!! Oh and by the way Alberta, do you think you could see your way to ship us more gasoline while we work hard to f*ck you over? "