If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
If you guys build the wall and pay for it, I'm in.

No! This is not how you heal your wounds. As I said, put them out of your minds! Don't talk to them, don't acknowledge them, don't do anything that will warrant their attention!

Okay, not easy, especially for that last one! You have Britain! You have the EU! You have China! You have the Commonwealth! These nations can help you!

Plus, hey.... you burned down their capital city once right!?

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Our economies and cultures are completely integrated

And that is the big problem right there! That is why so many Canadians like this Curious Cdn are angry! Why is Canada integrated with a terrorist state or so Canadians says!? It doesn't make sense, sir!

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
America has supported tyrants and dictators, started multiple wars, and commits first strikes to create war, once the greatest crime.

Good enough reason to let them go right?

And See? I thought Canadians were better? I thought you were superior especially in terms of morality? Peace keepers of the world? A nation that accepts you without question of your skin color, culture, religion, where you came from? Canadian laws will protect you no matter who you are? In Canada, the air alone is to pure for oppression to exist? Canada is the place to build a home? Where is it?

Why on this God forsaken Earth would you even consider having relations with a nation that has supported tyrants and dictators, started multiple wars, and commits first strikes to create war, once the greatest crime?

I don't understand, why you would consider North Korea or Iran to be Axis of Evils considering that the US can do more damage compared to these two nations!

Canadians? Why are you hypocrites?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Come on! You complain about them being loud, arrogant, ignorant, stupid, what else? And you still let them in? And you still go there? Fudge me dead mate!
Nope. You're not a Canadian. So here's an idea. Why don't you f*ck off and go try to stir the pot elsewhere. Nobody here is buyin' the shit you're sellin'.

In fact, your nonsense is such that I even thumbed up a response from someone in here that I'm usually at loggerheads with.

Yep, Canada should just walk away from the $1.5 billion in trade that crosses the border each and every day.

And no bud, you haven't read/heard the opinion of all 37 million Canadians so what YOU'VE actually read/heard is a mere handful of opinions.

But you know what I find REALLY interesting. When it's Democrat America doing the kind of shit you're whining about, your kind are actually rather subdued about it. Seems only Republican America gets ya'll triggered.

Oh, and as an aside. Your mention of being neighbours with Australia gives me reason to chuckle seeing as how Australia has been caging illegals for at least 20 years. Before shipping them off to New Guinea that is.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
You're not a Canadian.

Never said I was.

Canada should just walk away from the $1.5 billion in trade that crosses the border each and every day.

If you are better, then yes, you would do that. Again, what is more important? Money or peace?

you haven't read/heard the opinion of all 37 million Canadians

There will always be a few who keeps denying and defying it. Sigh.

But if Canadians like you don't like China, you can still build stronger ties with your former colonial master:

But you know what I find REALLY interesting. When it's Democrat America doing the kind of shit you're whining about, your kind are actually rather subdued about it. Seems only Republican America gets ya'll triggered.

I don't know what Democrat means or Republican or Conservatism or Liberalism or Left or Right. Please keep those words to yourself as I have no interest in those things!

You see, my approach in solving things is not go through those things. They slow you down to a crawl. My solutions take a more, radical approach.

Also, if you are talking about the surge of anti-Americanism in Canada because of Trump...... are you sure you are Canadian because these sentiments existed before Trump or before Bush even.....

seeing as how Australia has been caging illegals for at least 20 years.

I don't care what they do!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Maybe not all but majority definitely.
And that's another thing, in a democracy like Canada's, the minority will have to respect what the majority want regardless of whether what the majority wants is good or bad! That is how a functioning democracy works! It is this functioning democracy that made Canada the prosperous nation that it is where people from all over the world can call home.
Do you feel the same about Brexit? Do the minority Remainers just need to shut the f*ck up and go along with the majority vote? A vote that was indeed taken twice via a referendum and then a general election? How about all the propaganda and leftist attempts at sabotaging the Brexit vote? Is that shit cool with you?

Again, a majority of Canadians do NOT HATE America. Like Tecbones said, we're like a family. Sometimes we get along really well. Sometimes we don't. Opinion of each other between the two tends to go up and down. Are there times the US has pissed me off? You bet. There's times my family has pissed me off too. Should I just sever all ties with them too? Even though I'm sure I've pissed at least some of them off myself.

Meanwhile you want us to buddy up more to China, the creators of 5G. The absolute most intrusive system mankind has ever developed. This technology can literally track all of your movements, and I don't mean bowel movements either.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
]Never said I was.
So you came here just to stir up shit in stuff that's none of your goddam business? Is that why you're here then?
If you are better, then yes, you would do that. Again, what is more important? Money or peace?
There will always be a few who keeps denying and defying it. Sigh.
But if Canadians like you don't like China, you can still build stronger ties with your former colonial master:
I don't know what Democrat means or Republican or Conservatism or Liberalism or Left or Right. Please keep those words to yourself as I have no interest in those things!
You come in here, a non-Canadian, to stir shit up with our neighbours and then tell me how to f*cking discuss the topic with you? In a CANADIAN public forum? Who the f*ck do you think you are?
You're trying to paint a bullshit strawman right here by arguing what country Canadians would rather share a border with. I never claimed that even myself would ONLY want the US as a neighbour. I stated there are precious few other countries I'd want to be neighbours with. You'll note that despite your "Canadians hate America" bullshit rhetoric, your goofy little chart still shows the US as #5. 4 can certainly be regarded as the "precious few" considering the number of countries there are.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Do you feel the same about Brexit? Do the minority Remainers just need to shut the f*ck up and go along with the majority vote?

YES! Because, again, that is how a functioning democracy works!

Again, a majority of Canadians do NOT HATE America.

Speak for yourself! I want to hear the rest of Canadians!

There's times my family has pissed me off too. Should I just sever all ties with them too? Even though I'm sure I've pissed at least some of them off myself.

That's different!

And sir, stop lying to yourself and embarrassing your own people at the same time! You are not family! You may come from one nation but that doesn't make you family! And if you are still convinced by this ridiculous idea, perhaps it was forgotten or never thought of in 1812?

Meanwhile you want us to buddy up more to China

If you have read my posts carefully instead of getting upset, you would see that I laid out some example nations or groups of nations?

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
You're the twit that suggested Canadians would love to be Australia's neighbours so CLEARLY you have an opinion on Australia too.

No I said if Canada could move their country maybe next to Australia or perhaps next to Europe or any other part of the world! I didn't say exclusively to Australia only!

Sir, you have to relax and stop getting angry just because of them. You are getting angry for a people who are killing each other, I might add.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
So you came here just to stir up shit in stuff that's none of your goddam business? Is that why you're here then?

First of all sir, calm down. Anger doesn't solve anything!

And no. I am here to give the Canadian people advice on how to deal with their neighbor. I already said that these sentiments existed a long time ago.

Having too much anger can blind you from coming up with solutions.

Look at what the Kiwi, NZDoug, said here:

"America has supported tyrants and dictators, started multiple wars, and commits first strikes to create war, once the greatest crime."

Instead of coming up with solutions, perhaps stopping the US from doing these things? The world just complaints and gets angry..... How does getting angry solve anything? Do you think that if the world complains hard enough that they will listen?

Anger does not do anything, action does!

You come in here, a non-Canadian, to stir shit up with our neighbours

The trouble has already been stirred up. Now, I want to help fix it.

and then tell me how to f*cking discuss the topic with you? In a CANADIAN public forum? Who the f*ck do you think you are?

You need to understand that you are just one person. There are 37,000,000 more of you, what about their voice?

You're trying to paint a bullshit strawman right here by arguing what country Canadians would rather share a border with.

Actually, the idea came from a Canadian.

your goofy little chart still shows the US as #5.

It did get a <50% vote, so.....

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Hate is the wrong word. Hate is absolute with no grey areas.
I don't know of anyone who hates Americans.
I have never met an American that I haven't liked, personally.
even the ones who have marched me out of their homes because
I insulted the Marine Corps.
But, obfuscation creates a vacuum in reality of what America has and is doing.
Don’t you know that a war his going on?
Just some facts.
The U.S. military drops a bomb on average every 12 minutes.
The U.S. military burns on average 10million gallons of fuel daily.
As we communicate, the U.S. military is actively bombing 7 predominately Brown/Muslim countries.
More

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Don't you have guards already? Just ban them from coming in. I'm sure they will respect that.
Are you referring to China? China does not do that! And if you don't like China, you have the EU, the Commonwealth, CANZUK if it becomes a reality? There really are a lot of choices.
Naw, China just killed 45 millions or so in four years of the great leap forward...

As to our border: It is several thousand miles long - we could put a trooper every ten or twenty Kilometers or so...
;)

You have google, right?

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
The U.S. military drops a bomb on average every 12 minutes.
The U.S. military burns on average 10million gallons of fuel daily.
As we communicate, the U.S. military is actively bombing 7 predominately Brown/Muslim countries.

Spread the word but I don't think it will do anything. These Canadians are stubborn and in a way, I think I can see through them.

Also, Canada and the world has got to stop these evils the US is doing.... so Canada, are you going to do something?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well it's up to you. There's the EU as an alternative.

There is, yes.

Why? They are building infrastructure and developing countries all over the world, I don't understand what your problem is with them.

Three words - human rights violations.

And that's not counting all the other reasons to dislike and totally distrust China.

And by the way, according to pewresearch, Canadians have a more favorable opinion of China than the US. Proof that you are indeed a minority.

Actually, not true.

https://sppga.ubc.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2019/03/analysis.pubop_.report.13march19.pdf

What pew research poll showed China better than the US in approval in Canada?

Remember, Canada is a democracy so when the time comes, you and your fellow minority will have to respect what the majority wants!

If I was in the minority, then yes, you're right, and I'd not like it but I'd go with it. But since it's likely that you're wrong about China...

You never know.... Rebellion? Secession? Civil war? What are you going to do when that day comes?

I don't know, I won't know until the day comes. For now I just continue on continuing on, which includes worrying for my US friends and family and keep hoping that the US comes back to its senses and stops the bullshit it's doing now.

Good enough reason to let them go. Would you live with someone who scares you?

Been there, done that and walked away then, too. I've let the US go as much as I, personally, an amble to, by refusing to go there and buying anything but US when I have a choice. But the issue is, we DON'T have choices sometimes.

That's good! I like that attitude! It will be easier to let go of them then.

Honestly, I think if it came down to it, Canada WOULD walk away from the US if things got that bad. They're bad now, yes, but it's not to the level of so bad there is no changing/going back. There are enough people in the US who actually dislike how things are now that it can be changed back to sense. Cutting off our noses to spite or faces, or shooting ourselves in the foot, won't do squat at this point. Sometimes you need patience and this is one of those times.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
There is, yes.
Three words - human rights violations.
And that's not counting all the other reasons to dislike and totally distrust China.
Actually, not true.
https://sppga.ubc.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2019/03/analysis.pubop_.report.13march19.pdf
What pew research poll showed China better than the US in approval in Canada?
If I was in the minority, then yes, you're right, and I'd not like it but I'd go with it. But since it's likely that you're wrong about China...
I don't know, I won't know until the day comes. For now I just continue on continuing on, which includes worrying for my US friends and family and keep hoping that the US comes back to its senses and stops the bullshit it's doing now.
Been there, done that and walked away then, too. I've let the US go as much as I, personally, an amble to, by refusing to go there and buying anything but US when I have a choice. But the issue is, we DON'T have choices sometimes.
Honestly, I think if it came down to it, Canada WOULD walk away from the US if things got that bad. They're bad now, yes, but it's not to the level of so bad there is no changing/going back. There are enough people in the US who actually dislike how things are now that it can be changed back to sense. Cutting off our noses to spite or faces, or shooting ourselves in the foot, won't do squat at this point. Sometimes you need patience and this is one of those times.
This is a fair and reasonable approach only it will not work with a country who has a leader who constantly lies to embarrass or humiliate anything that distracts to what he is saying at that point in time.
The theft of Jerusalem is visible to all and the Muslim, Buddhah Bros. know it, China and the Oriental Club know it, and American foreign policy is shedding allies left, right and centre(center).
Lets all sing the national Drone Anthem, and give it an award for Freedom and Democracy.
"Bug Splat Me ,Baby".

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
we DON'T have choices sometimes.

I have already mentioned numerous times, YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE! You just seem to deny it or don't see it.

And I'm sorry but you criticize the Chinese for its human rights violation but what about the violations your precious US has committed?

You are bias and you favor the US because... they came from the same people you did? Both your countries are integrated? What other reasons have your pro-yankee countrymen said around here? Are these valid reasons? I thought in Canada, justice is equal and applied to all?

Honestly, I think if it came down to it, Canada WOULD walk away from the US if things got that bad. They're bad now, yes, but it's not to the level of so bad there is no changing/going back.

Dear, it is bad and it has been bad for a long time now, otherwise, your fellow country wouldn't be complaining too much and the world too. Stop being naive! They are not going to change! They are not going to listen! They are not going to mend their errors. They are not going to become better people!

There are enough people in the US who actually dislike how things are now that it can be changed back to sense.

How? Does this have something to do with Trump?

Sir, like in Canada, where the minority has to respect what the majority wants, the wants of other people from other countries also need to be respected.

The American people elected him in. He went through the process of getting elected. Yes it was not the majority who voted him in but in their system of government, he won! Fair and square!

And stop with these Russian conspiracy nonsense already.

NOW, if Canadians and the world cannot accept and respect that, too bad. You cannot force them do anything. That is why I propose that Canada and the world just sever ties instead. Just isolate the US already! And hopefully by then, the world will be happier and more peaceful.

It is strange that people say that the US is falling apart because of Trump. I came across a comment from an Australian saying that the American people are not ready for democracy.... no... they are and were ready. Instead of massive protests and riots and just all around civil disorder erupting all over the country, those who did not vote for him respected those who did and said "next election." That is how a functioning democracy works.

See? I am not anti-US and not bias at all. I see the good and the bad things on both sides.

Oh and sir, what if the American people voted him in again? Will you then consider my proposal?