Bradley Manning is now Chelsea ok...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
the white nattys can't really let Manning have it for refusing to testify because a dozen or so criminals working with trump are refusing to testify as well.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Not sure what special medical needs she has to have...

But if she's already said everything in her previous court case, then the Government should have that/be able to see that record and she shouldn't need to testify again.

On the other hand, people are called up to testify over and over for court cases of similar/branching issues, so re-testifying shouldn't be an issue, especially if she repeats the same testimony over again.

And her objection to grand jury secrecy might seem admirable, but it has it's reasons why it's secret.

IMO, she needs to just stop being a twat.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Chelsea Manning doc debuts with its subject imprisoned again
Associated Press
Published:
May 3, 2019
Updated:
May 3, 2019 12:57 PM EDT
Chelsea Manning Arrested For Refusing To...
featured by
NEW YORK — Three years in the making, the Chelsea Manning documentary XY Chelsea premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival after being frantically recut to update the film with the latest turn in the saga of the former intelligence analyst.
The filmmakers had envisioned a more celebratory evening.
“A few weeks ago, we were planning for her to be with us on the stage,” director Tim Travers Hawkins said in an interview. “Obviously, things can change fast.”
In May 2017, Manning walked out of the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, after President Barack Obama commuted her 35-year sentence for leaking troves of military and diplomatic materials — some 750,000 classified documents — to WikiLeaks. Hawkins, having already connected with Manning through her friend Lisa Rein and Manning’s legal team, was there filming her release.
“The very first time I saw her was through the camera lens,” he said.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
XY Chelsea, which Showtime will air in the U.S. on June 7 after a limited theatrical run beginning in Los Angeles on May 10, is an intimate look at what followed for Manning, who was known as Pvt. Bradley Manning when she was arrested in 2010 after, while on leave from Iraq, she uploaded the Army reports that came to be known as the Iraq War Logs.
Almost two years after being freed, Manning was jailed again in March after being found in contempt for refusing to answer questions before a grand jury about WikiLeaks and its founder, Julian Assange, who was arrested on April 11 at the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Manning can be held as long as the government believes it still needs her testimony in the case, a process that could take years.
Manning’s lawyers have said the government is abusing the grand jury process and that she disclosed everything she knew in earlier court-martial proceedings. “I don’t have anything to contribute to this, or another grand jury,” Manning said in an earlier statement. “While I miss home, they can continue to hold me in jail, with all the harmful consequences that brings.”
Manning was in solitary confinement for a month but is now jailed with the prison’s general population.
“I’m very concerned about her being there and I’m concerned about what this means for the rest of her life, that this is just another example,” said Nancy Hollander, an attorney for Manning, after the film’s screening Wednesday night. “The government is going to continue to go after her.”
Chelsea Manning behind bars for refusing to testify on Wikileaks
Producer Isabel Davis said XY Chelsea was done and locked when Manning was again imprisoned. Changing the ending was, she says, “obviously quite a hard thing to make happen.”
“It’s taken a lot of good will on people’s parts to make it happen,” said Davis.
Hawkins adds, though, that the arc of the film remains the same, that there was always an ominous sense of concern around Manning, “an impending doom” that Manning herself mentions in the film.
The film captures Manning as she gets acquainted to both herself and to civilian life after seven years imprisoned. Manning is seen learning how to put on make-up in the film and playing video games. She discusses her anguished upbringing in small-town Oklahoma and her impromptu enlistment.
“I’m not the person people think I am,” Manning says.
The effect on her of more than 170 days in solitary confinement she spent, beginning in Kuwait, is apparent. Manning several times tried committing suicide in prison.
“I just remember whenever I was in Kuwait that I died. I was alive but I was dead,” Manning says in the film. “And I’ve been dead ever since.”
Hawkins says he hopes XY Chelsea will allow people to know Manning “in an emotional way.” For him, Manning’s difficult young life as an outsider to her family and to society led to her empathy for the victims of the Iraq War.
“The media played a part in really distorting the relationship between her identity and the disclosures,” says Hawkins. “Part of what this film is is teasing that apart in order to reframe it.”
That frame is, in part, a coming of age story, albeit one in extraordinary circumstances, and always with a shadow over it.
“Three years ago today, I have a letter from Chelsea when she was still in prison at Leavenworth,” says Hawkins. “And she makes kind of a dark joke: ‘I think I’m going to miss the premiere.”‘
http://torontosun.com/entertainment...-doc-debuts-with-its-subject-imprisoned-again

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Chelsea Manning released from jail on contempt charge
Associated Press
Published:
May 9, 2019
Updated:
May 9, 2019 9:20 PM EDT
In this May 2, 2018, file photo, Chelsea Manning attends a discussion at the media convention "Republica" in Berlin. Markus Schreiber / AP
FALLS CHURCH, Va. — Former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning was released from a northern Virginia jail Thursday after a two-month stay for refusing to testify to a grand jury.
Manning spent 62 days at the Alexandria Detention Center on civil contempt charges after she refused to answer questions to a federal grand jury investigating WikiLeaks.
Her lawyers fear her freedom may be short-lived, though. She was released only because the grand jury’s term expired. Before she left the jail, she received another subpoena demanding her testimony on May 16 to a new grand jury.
Her lawyers say she will again refuse to answer questions and could again face another term of incarceration.
Manning served seven years in a military prison for leaking a trove of documents to WikiLeaks before then-President Barack Obama commuted the remainder of her 35-year sentence.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
Earlier this week, Manning’s lawyers filed court papers arguing that she should not be jailed for civil contempt because she has proven that she will stick to her principles and won’t testify no matter how long she’s jailed.
Federal law only allows a recalcitrant witness to be jailed on civil contempt if there’s a chance that the incarceration will coerce the witness into testifying. If a judge were to determine that incarcerating Manning were punitive rather than coercive, Manning would not be jailed.
“At this point, given the sacrifices she has already made, her strong principles, her strong and growing support community, and the disgrace attendant to her capitulation, it is inconceivable that Chelsea Manning will ever change her mind about her refusal to co-operate with the grand jury,” her lawyers wrote.
Manning filed an eight-page statement with the court on Monday, outlining her resolve. She wrote that “co-operation with this grand jury is simply not an option. Doing so would mean throwing away all of my principles, accomplishments, sacrifices, and erase decades of my reputation — an obvious impossibility,” she wrote.
She also said she was suffering disproportionately in jail because of physical problems related with inadequate follow-up care to gender-reassignment surgery.
Chelsea Manning doc debuts with its subject imprisoned again
Chelsea Manning behind bars for refusing to testify on Wikileaks
U.S. leaker Chelsea Manning allowed into New Zealand for speaking engagement after Australia barred her
http://torontosun.com/news/world/chelsea-manning-released-from-jail-on-contempt-charge

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
And if any man is thinking of changing his legal sex to female and then go out to commit a robbery so as to be locked up in a prison full of women, don't forget that you'll be one man in a large prison full of sexually starved women. You might get more than you bargained for. And whatever you do, don't forget Big Bertha! She'll be coming for ya!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Chelsea Manning refusing to testify at grand jury probing WikiLeaks
Associated Press
Published:
May 12, 2019
Updated:
May 12, 2019 5:09 PM EDT
Chelsea Manning addresses an audience, Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017, during a forum, in Nantucket, Mass.Steven Senne / AP, File
WASHINGTON — Former U.S. Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning says she’ll refuse to testify on Thursday before a second grand jury investigating WikiLeaks.
But if a judge finds her in contempt of court again, she could wind up back in jail.
Manning spent seven years in prison for leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents to WikiLeaks. She walked free in May 2017 after President Barack Obama commuted her 35-year sentence.
Recently, she spent two months in jail for refusing to answer one grand jury’s questions about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Now, a second grand jury has subpoenaed her.
She told CNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday that she has nothing more to offer than what she’s already provided in her own case.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/chelsea-manning-refusing-to-testify-at-grand-jury-probing-wikileaks

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
And if any man is thinking of changing his legal sex to female and then go out to commit a robbery so as to be locked up in a prison full of women, don't forget that you'll be one man in a large prison full of sexually starved women. You might get more than you bargained for. And whatever you do, don't forget Big Bertha! She'll be coming for ya!
why would a man who was sexually attracted to women get a sex change?