Gun Control is Completely Useless.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yeah I know.....we.ve all heard it before!! It used to be young girls mostly. I guess it won't change anything now that it is changing to young men again. Used be and I guess occasionally still does, rapists hide within the religious fold. Now it is in schools and classed as initiation into sports
In Toronto one private school is dealing with young males raping others with a foreign body. amongs other acts. If it must be dealt with guns then I guess school kids now must be armed from puberty on. What a lousy solution in my opinion.
Funny what happens when cultures collide .

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Bluebyrd, if you were truly serious about defending women, you would atleast concede to what is the most effective self defense tool ... the handgun.

[this is where Bluebird stutters and stammers for a comeback response]

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Bluebyrd, if you were truly serious about defending women, you would atleast concede to what is the most effective self defense tool ... the handgun.

[this is where Bluebird stutters and stammers for a comeback response]
No . I cetainly won't!! You saying it is the most effective dosn;t make it so. i.e. I live in an old farm house outside a small town. It has eleven rooms. My purse does not follow me around the house and if it did, it would not be easy to get a gun out in time to to take a safety off and fire it. Now inspite of living near a a busy road, my door is rarely locked and neighbors will often open the door and yell to see of I am in or out around the property. I would not leave a gun on the side of where I garden or the side of the pool during a dip.

Do you walk around carrying a gun?? If it is stupidly simple what happens when a woman does keep it close by & her young child picks up and fires. One did from a shopping cart in a wallmart a couple years ago in front of her other two children & other shoppers. Momma died!!

Have you people taken stupid pills?! How come those young male students never whipped out a pistol and shot those who raped and assauled them in Toronto ? Women being raped usually do not endure a broom stick or a piece of doweling but the football players did and then later did to the next inductee!! What absolutely insane solutions. Good grief the practice of males raping and assaulting fellow team mates has gone on for years according to one victim who looked to me to be in his 40's.

From trying to protect schools by arming teachers or putting in armed guards in elementary schools to locking all doors and using only one for people to move in and out of, these solutions are off the wall.

PS Dasleeper........You may have seen a bull try to mount a cow not in heat but all she does is shift sideways and move on. dairy cows are no longer weaker or smaller than a bull as they are now the ones that get the best food and more freedom.. Should we do the same with the best male breeders in humans?? Naw,because most men are NOT rapists. I hardly think the human race needs culling just yet do you??

Last edited:

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/papers-shade/StatisticalMisgivingsandLies.PDF
here are some highlights to this study
In 1986 and again in 1993 author Dr. Arthur L. Kellerman and Donald Reay
published a controversial study and paper in the New England Journal of Medicine which
attempted to demonstrate an increased risk to homicides in the home due to gun
ownership. In his 1986 paper, Kellerman was widely credited and criticized for jumping
to a conclusion that people are “43 times more likely”
so how accurate was 43 to 1?
To arrive at the 43 to 1 figure in his 1986
paper, Kellerman included suicides as “unjustifiable homicides” which amounted to
nearly all of the 43 unjustified deaths that Kellerman and Reay cited
Did he concede that the suicides should be removed? Yes...
In his 1993 NEJM
publication, he removed suicides from his study.
Was his 93 study veiwed as flawed? to where did he roll his 43:1 claim to?
The 1993 Kellerman study was equally flawed although Kellerman backed away
from the 43 times figure and concluded that a person who had a gun in their home was
2.7 times more likely to be the victim of a homicide than one who did not

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
From stats can

Released: 2018-11-08

Following the widespread #MeToo social media movement in October 2017, police-reported sexual assaults in Canada increased sharply. There were 25% more victims of police-reported sexual assault in the three months after #MeToo first went viral (October to December 2017) compared with an average three-month period leading up to #MeToo (January 2016 to September 2017). The average number of police-reported sexual assault victims went from 59 per day before #MeToo to 74 per day after #MeToo.

In this study, police-reported sexual assaults refer to incidents that were reported to police and then classified by police as a founded criminal offence.

What is worth noting is "a founded criminal offense.

I would be interested in the next years stats (or more victims reporting the incidents) to see if how victims are treated make a difference in the reporting and whether the stats begin to go down as the perpetrators are made to pay for their crimes. Maybe changing the attitudes will make a difference.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
90th homicide in Toronto most since 1991

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/shooting-lawrence-kingstong-scarborough-90th-record-1.4910792

Speaking to reporters in the aftermath of another fatal shooting earlier this week, the acting inspector of the city's homicide unit said "there is definitely an uptick in the number of shootings" this year relative to other types of homicides.

Hank Idsinga said that while police are seizing more guns off the streets than ever before, "the shootings keep happening."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/shooting-lawrence-kingstong-scarborough-90th-record-1.4910792

Speaking to reporters in the aftermath of another fatal shooting earlier this week, the acting inspector of the city's homicide unit said "there is definitely an uptick in the number of shootings" this year relative to other types of homicides.

Hank Idsinga said that while police are seizing more guns off the streets than ever before, "the shootings keep happening."

Population is probably the most since 1991!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
In Canada they do kill more people than guns.

Furthermore, london manages to kill more than new york.

I've already posted one link proving that guns are the most used murder weapon in the US. Knives are a poor second. And as usual you just made up the numbers on Canada. Guns are the preferred murder weapon here too.

Homicide victims, primary methods used to commit homicide

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=3510006901

It also appears that you lied about London and New York as well

New York’s annual murder statistics are still worse than London’s

https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...urder-statistics-are-still-worse-than-londons

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

Seizing gums off the streets is a good thing. Clearly we have laws about guns on the streets and the police are enforcing it.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
There's nobody like that around here.
if you havent had an injury in years, clearly your first aid kit is a negative thing? maybe you should get rid of that hammer in your toolbox, i'm sure that the world has moved onto woods screws and cordless drills.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
if you havent had an injury in years, clearly your first aid kit is a negative thing? maybe you should get rid of that hammer in your toolbox, i'm sure that the world has moved onto woods screws and cordless drills.

========================================================================================================

Latest news out of Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The murder rate in Mexico is FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT HIGHER THAN IN UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump is right- THEY ARE all killers and criminals and drug dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A VALID REASON TO CLOSE THE BORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just the Yankee border but the Cdn border as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article that LIE-berals will not want to talk about. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Illegal border screenings “incomplete security portrait” says RCMP document.

By Anthony Furey. Published: October 15, 2018. Updated: October 15, 2018 8:50 PM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Canada

An internal national intelligence report from the RCMP obtained by the Toronto Sun breaks down some of the security challenges caused by the recent influx of asylum seekers crossing illegally into Canada.

“The surge of illegal- between the ports- migration into Canada in summer 2017 placed a considerable strain on Canadian border and immigration resources,” explained the January, 2018 report, obtained through access to information laws.

“The screening of these subjects through CPIC, NCIC, Interpol and PROS — time permitting — provides an incomplete security portrait, as subjects might hold records of criminal activity within local databases of their countries of origin. The RCMP requires access to local holdings to improve the detection of previously affiliated crime/gang members attempting to illegally enter Canada.”

(Ah- “screening of subjects- time permitting” means many ARE NOT SCREENED in any significant way! And 20 years ago- RCMP made note of and WARNED CHRETIEN LIE-berals - how fragmented the local criminal data bases are in such countries as India- making it IMPOSSIBLE to be fully certain how much information might be archived about some individuals!)

(And perhaps this “fragmented criminal record system” explains how Our idiot Boy Justin ended up taking a convicted Sikh terrorist with him on that ill fated India trip?)

(Some countries are apparently only too happy to be rid of criminals and trouble makers and so they do not cooperate fully with Cdn authorities about records!)

The specific focus of the report is on how RCMP officers traveled to El Salvador in January in the hopes of gaining access to a group of comprehensive databases to help them screen people crossing illegally into Canada. The document lists the agencies and representatives the RCMP officers met with, but the names are redacted.

The trip was made after media reports circulated in Canada over concerns that some of the nearly 200,000 El Salvadoreans living in the U.S. under temporary protected status may try to enter Canada after that status is terminated in September of next year.

An MS-13 gang member. The gang has a reputation for being bloodthirsty.

(And in summer 2018- two MS-13 gang members carrying brand new CANADIAN identity papers were ARRESTED by Yankee border agents as the thugs tried to enter United States! LIE-berals truly have no clue who has come to Canada!)

(In a world rocked by Muslim terror- LIE-berals paid good money to import 50,000 mostly Syrian Muslims from camps RUN BY HAMAS TERRORISTS! The TERRORISTS assure us the refugees are good people!)

Their concerns are connected, the report explains, to the presence of the notorious MS-13 and 18th Street Gang operations in both El Salvador and North America. The RCMP sought access to the Grupo Conjunto de Inteligencia Fronteriza (GCIF), an analytics centre with access to dozens of Salvodorean intelligence databases.

(And yes- an 18th Street gang member was also arrested by Yankee border agents carrying BRAND NEW CDN PAPERS!)

(IN related news- a LIE-beral immigration judge has just awarded landed immigrant status to the former leader of a Guatemalan DEATH SQUAD- after he was refused entry to United States- BECAUSE HE IS A KILLER!)

A number of stories in Canadian media have told of El Salvadoreans fleeing the severe gang violence that they allege has victimized them. But these documents suggest border agents are not always able to guarantee that the very people causing asylum seekers to flee in the first place do not also enter Canada.

(The statement translates into this; PEOPLE FLEEING GANGS ARE being followed TO CANADA BY THE GANGS- and the gangs are expanding into Canada to take advantage of the refugees- right under LIE-beral noses!)

This summer the Sun first reported on how U.S. border agents arrested an 18th Street Gang member who crossed illegally into the U.S. after having first made it into Canada.

The office of Bill Blair, the minister of border security and organized crime reduction, referred questions on the matter to the RCMP.

(Uh huh- chicken sh+t LIE-berals tie the hands of RCMP and then order RCMP to come up with good excuses for LIE-beral vote buying SHAME!)

“We work closely with our international partners and maintain strong relationships with law enforcement agencies around the world,” Sgt. Tania Vaughan, from the RCMP’s national communication services, told the Sun. “These relationships are fundamental to our ability to ensure Canada responds to the globalized threat from terrorism and other criminal threats to our national security.”

But the RCMP would not confirm whether or not they now have access to the GCIF database and whether it is used at the controversial Roxham Road border crossing, explaining that they do not disclose details on operational matters.

(The extent of LIE-beral concern about the tens of thousands of illegals is demonstrated by how little real security is in place- LIE-berls think it is enough merely to finger print the new arrivals- without the costly bother of actually digging into the past of these LIE-beral supporters!!!!!!!!!!)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

So how does harassing legal gun owners, who have a murder rate less than one half the national rate, solve the problem?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So how does harassing legal gun owners, who have a murder rate less than one half the national rate, solve the problem?
Feels good , and allows the politicians to pretend they are addressing a problem while ignoring the giant white elephant in the room that we aren’t allowed to talk about . Besides it is easier to penalize legal owners as they will generally obey the law . And then we have liberal judges and liberal parole boards who allow the criminal class to offend and offend some more .