Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
clearly you are too arogant to confess your lies.
you told us about a hole in your canvas tent. shrapnel does cut pretty holes in a canvas tent then surgically cuts a tendon when the bullet doesn't even have enough energy to kill teddy bear at 6inches.
newton's 3rd law doesnt get temporarily suspended so a peice of shrapnel can fly with uncanny precision across a campsite, through a canvas tent, then into a tendon of the wrist.
Well, there is no lie. There was no "uncanny precision", just shitty bad luck.

This whole nonsense witch Hunt of yours should show us all that you are not a competent poster.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Well, there is no lie. There was no "uncanny precision", just shitty bad luck.
This whole nonsense witch Hunt of yours should show us all that you are not a competent poster.

You need to convince others that it was shitty bad luck, meanwhile I say it is highly probable that you are lying or your brother fed you a bullshit sandwich because of the science behind you convenient little story. get over it.it is not like I believe most of the crap that you spew.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You need to convince others that it was shitty bad luck, meanwhile I say it is highly probable that you are lying or your brother fed you a bullshit sandwich because of the science behind you convenient little story. get over it.it is not like I believe most of the crap that you spew.
I really don't care. It happened as I gave described it to you and therefore, I must conclude that you're just plain stupid.

Perhaps, if you weren't so stupid, you would get a job, earn some money and feed your family with something other than hunted varmints.

There are also food banks, if you can't quite measure up.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
That's because you did not read the articles and never entertained any idea than more guns prevent more gun violence. Just how many mass shootings have there been since Sandy Hook for instance? Logic plays no part in your thinking on this subject whatever.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

In 2016, there were 14,415 homicides in the USA.

71 were mass shootings.

That is .5%. One half of a percentage.

And the usual response is a desire to ban "assault rifles".

In 2014, there were 11,961 homicides in the USA.

248 involved rifles of all types..........the vast majority of which are not military in nature at all.

That is 2.1%.

To compare, 1567 were stabbed to death, 435 were bludgeoned to death, and 660 were beaten to death..........no guns at all.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

Estimates of the number of the infamous AR 15 in private hands in the USA range from a low of 5 million to a high of 15 million rifles. It is by far the most popular rifle out there.

And that doesn't count the millions of Ruger Mini 14s, FNs, H&Ks, SiGs, AKS, etc etc etc etc.

I do use logic, and real stats.

You use emotion and BS.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Definition of a civilized society

1. : marked by well-organized laws and rules about how people behave with each other. A civilized society must respond to crime with fairness and justice. a more civilized culture. a person known throughout the civilized world [=everywhere people live in well-organized and developed societies]

Rather nice that Canada falls into this category (mostly)

========================================================================================================

POOR STUPID, DELIBERATELY BLINKERED little BLUEBYRDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is deliberately ignoring the nasty reality that LIE-berals ar driving us into third world status at warp speed!

Here is an article illustrating the dangerous LIE-beral habit of betting tax revenue for tomorrow against THEIR immediate political needs - and blighting the future of our kids in the process! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Wynne government ignored warnings about borrowing billions to fund hydro rate cuts, committee told

By Rob Ferguson, Queen's Park Bureau
Published: Tues., Oct. 16, 2018

The defeated Liberal government ignored numerous warnings from top civil servants that its scheme to borrow billions to lower electricity prices a full 25 per cent was a “bad idea,” says the former deputy minister of energy.

Serge Imbrogno told a legislative committee Tuesday bureaucrats were asked for options to further reduce hydro rates by former premier Kathleen Wynne’s government in 2016 after waiving the 8 per cent HST on hydro bills, but the financing plan came out of the blue from the office of then-energy minister Glenn Thibeault.

(There could only be ONE SOLUTION to rising electricity rates that did not involve borrowing and that solution was NOT acceptable to LIE-berals- for the simple reason that LIE-berals desperately needed to turn our electrical system into a giant slush fund from which to pay off billions of dollars in IOU`s that LIE-berals had issued to civil service union Hogs in exchange for their votes! Cutting Hog wages is NEVER a LIE-beral option!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Sadly we did not have the money when the IOU`s were issued and we do not have the money now either! And Wynne-bag LIE-berals are out of power due to their ill-advised attempts to honour their insane Hog IOU`s by gouging us on electricity!)

The former Liberal government’s plan to fund hydro rate cuts came as a shock to senior bureaucrats, a committee heard on Oct. 16, 2018.

(OH- such a surprise! Hogs KNOW how much gravy they were promised and how short was the supply on hand! LIE-berals KNEW they could not honour the IOU`s without breaking our economy- but Hogs do not care!)

“We were a little bit shocked because it was pushing out costs today to future ratepayers,” Imbrogno, now deputy minister of the environment, said at Premier Doug Ford’s select committee on financial transparency examining the $15 billion provincial deficit.

“More debt, higher cost going forward. Someone has to pay that.”

(But LIE-berals always asume they will be able to jump clear of the fiscal WRECK! No doubt the election of Doug Ford came as a horrible shock!)

Both Imbrogno and cabinet secretary Steve Orsini — who also headed the civil service under Wynne — testified they repeatedly expressed worries about the feasibility of the scheme to the Liberals, including in briefing notes to cabinet warning of higher costs and accounting issues later red-flagged by Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk.

(Always arrogant LIE-berals simply assumed they were the smartest people in the room and that their B.S. would baffle public opinion!)

She issued a special report in 2017 that determined questionable accounting and financing for the plan will result in up to $4 billion more in interest costs over 30 years because the Liberal government was trying to keep $39.4 billion in borrowing off the province’s books.

(LIE-berals are of course frantic to keep the TRUE scale of LIE-beral pension promises HIDDEN from the public- to prevent a panic and subsequent public rage at having been so completely ROBBED to pay for LIE-beral and Hog gravy!)

MPPs investigating Ontario’s finances demand e-mails, documents from Wynne Liberals

Top staff and directors at Ontario electricity agencies given legal protection for implementing hydro rate cut, committee told.

(Oh yeah- there are various LEGAL PROHIBITIONS against “uttering false documents in public” in exchange for personal gains and LIE-beral efforts to mis-represent the cost of their electrical mess and the size of their deficits would seem to fit that concept of uttering illegal documents for personal gain!0

(After all, LIE-berals expected to WIN the June election thanks to their claims of having balanced the budget- though in truth they actually had a $16 billion dollar deficit- and then we should condemn their claim to have reduced electricity cost - WITHOUT ADMITTING they were acquiring MORE DEBT and increasing the long term cost! The production and public dissemination of such deliberately FALSE accounting claims certainly seems criminal to this disgusted tax payer!)

(No wonder civil service Hogs wanted immunity from prosecution in exchange for keeping silent about LIE-beral plans! Both LIE-beral statements- about their budget and about their final electricity bill appear to this disgusted and cynical tax payer to be utterly and deliberately deceptive and thus worthy of criminal charges!)

(The final insult in all this LIE-beral crap came in spring 2018 when a political science professor told us “that political campaign promises do not have to be true”- right after Ontari-owe college and university professors DEMANDED an immediate 50 percent pay raise from Wynne-bag LIE-berals- and got told to shut up and sit down- TILL AFTER THE ELECTION that LIE-berals still hoped to win!)

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I really don't care. It happened as I gave described it to you and therefore, I must conclude that you're just plain stupid.
Perhaps, if you weren't so stupid, you would get a job, earn some money and feed your family with something other than hunted varmints.
Considering the typical safe distance between a camp fire and a tent, you couldn't hit a beer bottle with a handgun at that distance even if you had a full clip.

yet you insist that a kid was able to toss a round into a fire, have it land at just the correct angle for a unknown piece of shrapnel to hit the bullseye.

You are foolish to stand your ground on this one.

a slope of 4deg is 1 inch rise every 12 inches, which means a handgun just 4 degree off target would be a full 12inches off target at 12 feet...that was a pretty accurate toss into the fire. The devil himself must have been there to ensure that the fragment from the casing was pointing just right.

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

248 involved rifles of all types..........the vast majority of which are not military in nature at all

-----------------------------------------

one guy with one military in nature rifle killed 58 people one day

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
248 involved rifles of all types..........the vast majority of which are not military in nature at all
-----------------------------------------
one guy with one military in nature rifle killed 58 people one day

How many does one city(London) kill without any rifles? I heard it is worse than new York city

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
71 were mass shootings.
248 involved rifles of all types..........the vast majority of which are not military in nature at all.
That is 2.1%.
To compare, 1567 were stabbed to death, 435 were bludgeoned to death, and 660 were beaten to death..........no guns at all.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls
Estimates of the number of the infamous AR 15 in private hands in the USA range from a low of 5 million to a high of 15 million rifles. It is by far the most popular rifle out there.
And that doesn't count the millions of Ruger Mini 14s, FNs, H&Ks, SiGs, AKS, etc etc etc etc.
You use emotion and BS.

nice touch using the BBC link

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Talking about stupid , earlier in this thread you stated some guy got shot in the leg and it severed the tendon in his wrist . Sorry little George .

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
71 were mass shootings.
That is 2.1%.
You use emotion and BS.
I don't completely fault anyone for feeling emotion. I think Bluebyrd is probably quite empathetic to the 71 victims of mass shootings. However, firearms in law abiding citizens hands are reported to be used in 500,000 to 3 million defensive uses per year.
Now, I'm going to be break from the usual argument and suggest that only 71 defensive uses per year saved lives...71 vs 71, ok?
I have a serious question for you, Bluebyrd. Do you feel less empathetic to the mothers that used a firearm to protect the lives of their children?
we've already established that you feel no empathy for women that use firearms to protect themselves from being raped.
But how about the children? after all, children make you full of empathy, no?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I'm not saying mass shootings are not a problem, nor am I saying they are not a growing problem, and I do not know why.

I am saying the slight chance of saving the lives of at most .5% of murder victims is not worth burning the Bill of Rights.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
controlling the sale of certain weapons is hardly burning the bill of rights.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Considering the typical safe distance between a camp fire and a tent, you couldn't hit a beer bottle with a handgun at that distance even if you had a full clip.
yet you insist that a kid was able to toss a round into a fire, have it land at just the correct angle for a unknown piece of shrapnel to hit the bullseye.
You are foolish to stand your ground on this one.
a slope of 4deg is 1 inch rise every 12 inches, which means a handgun just 4 degree off target would be a full 12inches off target at 12 feet...that was a pretty accurate toss into the fire. The devil himself must have been there to ensure that the fragment from the casing was pointing just right.
I don't give a fig what your defective intellect comes up with, you were told the truth and it went right by you.

You are as stunned as a post.