The Official Trump U.S Supreme Court Justice Nomination Thread

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
He seems like a conservative intellectual, very erudite, and an 'originalist' who views the Court as a judicial (interpretive) body rather than a legislative (law making) one. All to the good, and in the image of Anton Scalia

He wrote a book , The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthenasia, in which he objected to the idea that the State should be required to kill someone on their request as fundamentally in contradiction of the U.S. Constitution's guarantees of Life and Liberty, and a danger to the integrity and well being of a live affirming nation.

So much different than the pathetic flunkies and political hacks on the SCOC, especially that intellectual and moral mediocrity of a Chief Justice, Bev MacLaughlin.. which voted 9 to 0 to impose Euthenasia on Canada.

But they wouldn't be able to get anywhere if we didn't have such a gutless Parliament (and moron PM) who have bequeathed the Court dictatorial status.. and put us under a judicial tyranny. A Charter of Rights arbitered by a judiciary is an anathema to a Parliamentary System which does not have the checks and balances to control it.. hence absolute power CORRUPTS, absolutely.

I expect Gorsuch would vote against reaffirming Roe v Wade, which would essentially remove abortion as Constitutionally protected right.. and place it back with the legislative branch.. and remove that legitimacy which has caused deaths of almost 60 million infants in America since 1973.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When I think that liberals in here have posted all the idiotic things that can ever be posted... they surprise me.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Paul Joseph Watson Verified account ‏@PrisonPlanet
Oh look, a racist.

apparently young andy is some sort of a 'D' celebritard.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And what about Trump's supporters that are not idiots ?

The statement that Cord made was idiotic in and of itself.

At any rate, I am glad that the GOP followed Democrat VP Joe Biden's advice and acted appropriately.

"It is my view that if a Supreme Court justice resigns tomorrow or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not, and not name a nominee until after the November election is completed,"

In fact, he said that if President Bush put forward a nominee, the Judiciary Committee - his committee - should "seriously consider not scheduling confirmation hearings on the nomination until after the political campaign season is over. ~ Biden

And can you imagine if Hillary got to pick a nominee... PHEW!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
EagleSmack is confused. He doesn't understand why I said idiots like him will be disappointed in Gorsuch. In his confusion he lashes out.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't recall you saying idiots like him.

You did however answer the bell with liberals posting idiotic things.

After he's nominated are you going to go and hide for another 2 months?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You're so confused, aren't you? It's hard when you have to think, isn't it? Post a meme that says "triggered" and you can pretend you aren't a loser a while longer.

Salty? Upset? Things didn't turn out the way you thought they would sweetie?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, who has said last week he is not a “filibuster kind of guy,” told reporters Wednesday, “I just want to look at some of his judicial findings and rulings.”

Now why would a Democrat Senator from West Virginia want to play ball with the GOP on this? Oh right... he's up for election during the next midterms and his job is already in jeopardy as it is.

Nothing changes with this idiot. Same reply every time.

Man LittleHo... I have such an effect on you don't I? LOLz

I am in your head 24/7!

Seriously... is that a side effect from your depression meds?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, who has said last week he is not a “filibuster kind of guy,” told reporters Wednesday, “I just want to look at some of his judicial findings and rulings.”

Now why would a Democrat Senator from West Virginia want to play ball with the GOP on this? Oh right... he's up for election during the next midterms and his job is already in jeopardy as it is.

Man LittleHo... I have such an effect on you don't I? LOLz

I am in your head 24/7!

Seriously... is that a side effect from your depression meds?
Christ. How many times have we heard those replies? Not much capacity for new material I guess.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Blocking Trump's nominees is about as close to treason as the Democrats could get. It should be important to get the positions permanently filled as quickly as possible to ensure that the country's business flows. It is not in the best interests of the country to leave important positions in the hands of 'temporaries'. But then the country's best interests aren't what the Democrats appear to be concerned with. They simply want revenge.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I believe that they only release certain information to the media WRT committee votes - apart from the yea or nay. Mind you, for his appointment, they are going to need at least one Democrat to show. :)

I'd understood that going nuclear meant they wouldn't need a Dem, Murph.

The Democ-rats are holding up the vote for Sessions just because they can. What's the sense in that? Chances are they'll do the same with Gorsuch. Just because they can.
Somebody should remind them that 'revenge is a dish better served cold'.

Uh, huh..........just returning the favor for when Obama was in office facing Republican opposition. *** for Tat.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Blocking Trump's nominees is about as close to treason as the Democrats could get. It should be important to get the positions permanently filled as quickly as possible to ensure that the country's business flows. It is not in the best interests of the country to leave important positions in the hands of 'temporaries'. But then the country's best interests aren't what the Democrats appear to be concerned with. They simply want revenge.

They'll whine for a bit... but they can't stop the inevitable. Trump's pick will be the next Supreme Court Justice.