Tories take huge lead in latest poll

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
A lot of young families are financially vulnerable so this move by the Conservatives is socially responsible and should do good for many. The fact that the left is criticizing it in a desperate attempt to get into power, speaks volumes.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
A lot of young families are financially vulnerable so this ploy by the Conservatives is socially responsible and should do good for many. The fact that they are doing it in a desperate attempt to stay in power, speaks volumes.
How ironic it is that such a expense is going forward while a billion dollar deficit is projected
Should the NDP or Liberals have attempted this while in power, the conservative right would be upset of course.

Giving the taxpayers money back to them is never a bad idea. A billion could easily be made up by cutting some useless social programs like CBC or flights for senators.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
All politicians do and say whatever they have to , to get elected.
And then do what they bloody well please.
The scary part is, we know the direction Harpo wants to take Canada.
We know the absolute contempt that he has for the average Canadian citizen.
But people are so easily bought off by their own money a couple months before the election.

The fact Harpo will not take reporters questions or absolutely refuses to debate should put up big red flags.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Giving the taxpayers money back to them is never a bad idea. A billion could easily be made up by cutting some useless social programs like CBC or flights for senators.

Hold on there, bud, we need C.B.C. but you're right about flights for senators. :)

Sorry, can't give you half a thumb. :)

Walter, Walter, Walter - what did I say to upset you? Are you a Senator? :) :)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

They aren't giving TAXPAYERS their money back. This is a government hand out. It's not a tax cut or a deduction. It's a benefit and a social program paid for by taxes.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They aren't giving TAXPAYERS their money back. This is a government hand out. It's not a tax cut or a deduction. It's a benefit and a social program paid for by taxes.

You had better read your first and last sentences there, dearie- they are not compatible! :) :)

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

I have a sister in law that pays way more in taxes than this benefit is paying her. Convince me that she will think this benefit is coming from other tax payers.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Norman Spector ‏@nspector4

Some days you just have to read below the @globeandmail hed!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You had better read your first and last sentences there, dearie- they are not compatible! :) :)

How are they not compatible?

I have a sister in law that pays way more in taxes than this benefit is paying her. Convince me that she will think this benefit is coming from other tax payers.

How am I supposed to convince you of what your sister-in-law will think? I don't know her. I have no idea what she will think.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's way too close to call, right now.perhaps we should decide with an election rather than an article in a "newspaper" that is published for the semi-literate Homer Simpsons of the country.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You didn't misread you suck-up....

Why would you make such a ridiculous statement, when I in fact am sure I misread the first sentence (didn't note the negative) and why do you always resort to name calling?..............................................A$$hole! :) :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Why would you make such a ridiculous statement, when I in fact am sure I misread the first sentence (didn't note the negative) and why do you always resort to name calling?..............................................A$$hole! :) :)
and your repetitive boring smillies don't negate yours....
you even have one in your sig, in case you forget in the main post