Time Traveller in Charlie Chaplain Film

petros
Time Traveller or something simply strolling past the crazy gaze of the the mind's eye?

YouTube - IMPORTANT TIME TRAVELLER IN CHARLIE CHAPLIN FROM 1928 What do you think

Far too much spare time.......

TenPenny
Oh, absolutely.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Oh, absolutely.

Hey, maybe it was Thomas Edison in drag...

gerryh
and of course, a cell phone would work in 1920's america.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

and of course, a cell phone would work in 1920's america.

I was joking. Should have said Alexander Graham Bell.......

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I was joking. Should have said Alexander Graham Bell.......

and I was being facetious.

Cliffy
Or perhaps Tesla. He was light years ahead of his peers. Strange apperition none the less.

Icarus27k
I got it! The person is trying to hide their face with the collar of their coat. Perhaps because they know the camera is right there recording and don't want their face to be recorded.

Also... What the hell is The Penguin...

http://www.thedarkknight.matthewclose.co.uk/Penguin.jpg

...doing in 1928?

ToastnJam
this reminds me of another story i was reading earlier this year ,from lillooet bc

forgetomori Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?

makes you wonder i guess?

gopher
Whatever it is, it ain't female.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Or perhaps Tesla. He was light years ahead of his peers. Strange apperition none the less.

because, if you watch Sanctuary, he's really a super intellectual vampire.

#juan
That lady's feet seemed to be about a foot and a half long.

Spade

Nonsense. Each is exactly one foot in length!

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Nonsense. Each is exactly one foot in length!

True. I should have said her shoes seemed to be unusually long but since she was the only woman we saw, we don't know that
all women at that time had shoes like that. Her feet could have been tiny.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Whatever it is, it ain't female.

Aleister Crowley in drag.

That explains EVERYTHING! Why didn't I think of that before?

True. I should have said her shoes seemed to be unusually long but since she was the only woman we saw, we don't know that
all women at that time had shoes like that. Her feet could have been tiny.

Travelling time is a big feat therefore......

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Aleister Crowley in drag.

If the Chaplain film wasn't enough for the time travelling Crowley
It's gets spookier yet!

How about birthing Jr?

BOO!
Last edited by petros; Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:58 AM..

TenPenny
I hadn't realized that before the invention of cell phones, nobody ever put their hands up to the side of their face.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I hadn't realized that before the invention of cell phones, nobody ever put their hands up to the side of their face.

In the old days deaf or nearly deaf people wore ear horns:

Unforgiven
My guess is that she is holding a French Electric Camera hearing device which was available at that time and explain the shape of the hand and the reason she is talking. This is one that I found on the Net. Could it be that this is likely what she is holding? Occam's Razor and all.

Chiliagon
is this guy for real? like are you kidding?

it's likely someone on the crew in there, with the low technology for cameras then it likely isn't explainable.. but a time traveller????

gopher
In 1925 skirt length was at or just below the knee:

Whatever that thing is she/he/it is not wearing the proper costuming for that era.

Andem
Oh I love stories like these. It just opens up your imagination to different possibilities you'd normally assume were impossible. I've read a couple of blogs and I think people are just so excited about the prospect of time travel that they'd just as much believe anything.

Blackleaf
That is bizarre. Very weird.

It reminds me of that photo taken of a group of people in Canada at the opening of a bridge and amongst the crowd is a guy in modern-looking clothing carrying what looks a digital camera - even though the photo was taken in 1940.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It reminds me of that photo taken of a group of people in Canada at the opening of a bridge and amongst the crowd is a guy in modern-looking clothing carrying what looks a digital camera - even though the photo was taken in 1940.

If you look at that photo, the head of the man holding the "digital camera" is much larger than the heads of men and women closer to the camera that took this photo. Hmmmm....

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Ugh that's weird, because the blog that I was reading that I mentioned in the post directly before yours was on that exact subject, the man at the Canadian bridge reopening.

Spade
Prévu

Cliffy
You mean this one. ToastnJam posted a link to it two days ago.
forgetomori Time Traveler Caught in Museum Photo?

DaSleeper

The original film was probably digitized and enhanced for viewing in modern equipment.

Most of those film were redone professionally in 4:3 aspect ratio and if you will note that the you tube poster produced his video in 16:9 aspect ratio and as you can see...his face and body have normal proportions in the video...
Not so in the Chaplin video you can see that he forgot to compensate with the change in aspect ratio and everything seems extraordinarily wide for the height, distorting the size of heads and feet