Mixed Races Gaining Ground

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Miscegenation, the practice of people of different "races" intermarrying is becoming more and more common world wide. In Canada, of course, this phenomenon is well known and brings possible benefits by widening the gene pool. Contrary to racist doctrine the concept of breeding "pure" races tends to lead to narrower and narrower bloodlines which can result in the perpetuation of genetic disorders. Just as importantly I expect, a society that contains large number of mixed races couples tends to be more tolerant and open minded. I could go on, but the details are in the article below, provided you have the patience to read it as it is rather long.

It's a wonderful, mixed-up world - Telegraph

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Miscegenation, the practice of people of different "races" intermarrying is becoming more and more common world wide. In Canada, of course, this phenomenon is well known and brings possible benefits by widening the gene pool. Contrary to racist doctrine the concept of breeding "pure" races tends to lead to narrower and narrower bloodlines which can result in the perpetuation of genetic disorders. Just as importantly I expect, a society that contains large number of mixed races couples tends to be more tolerant and open minded. I could go on, but the details are in the article below, provided you have the patience to read it as it is rather long.

It's a wonderful, mixed-up world - Telegraph

A comedian named Russell Peters predicted that we will eventually all be "beige." :lol:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A comedian named Russell Peters predicted that we will eventually all be "beige." :lol:

sweet im already beige

With fears of a depleted (or is it depleting?) Ozone layer and such....with this
"Miscegenation" (& I honestly didn't realize it was issue enough to even have a
name, but I learn something new here every day it seems...), I wonder how it'll
affect rates of skin cancer on a global basis?

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I remember reading somewhere that interracial marriage is much more prevalent in Canada than it is in USA. Also, there is more acceptance of interracial marriage in Canada than there is in USA.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
With fears of a depleted (or is it depleting?) Ozone layer and such....with this
"Miscegenation" (& I honestly didn't realize it was issue enough to even have a
name, but I learn something new here every day it seems...), I wonder how it'll
affect rates of skin cancer on a global basis?

i have light olive colour skin, im no where near being chalky white or white.. Even though im a white person, word at the family reunion was that my moms grandparents were gypsies!!!

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I remember reading somewhere that interracial marriage is much more prevalent in Canada than it is in USA. Also, there is more acceptance of interracial marriage in Canada than there is in USA.

im not too worried about inter racial marriges, there is plenty of fish in the sea. And not even the best fisherman can catch all of them...

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't want my kids goingt anywhere near yours. lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There is no inter racial marriage. The idea is absurd.There is only one race - the human race. Variations are environmental. The concept of different races is a throw back to an unenlightened era. We all have common ancestors.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
There is no inter racial marriage. The idea is absurd.There is only one race - the human race. Variations are environmental. The concept of different races is a throw back to an unenlightened era. We all have common ancestors.

You seem to be the first person who noticed that I put the word "race" in quotes.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You seem to be the first person who noticed that I put the word "race" in quotes.

the topic came up in another thread recently where someone said they don't like the look of mongoloid traits. I used the same affectation when poking fun at the poster over it. 'Race'.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup, when one gets down to the roots of life, humans are one single species .... period. So I prefer the term species rather than race.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup, when one gets down to the roots of life, humans are one single species .... period. So I prefer the term species rather than race.
But at the rate that we are heading down that road to self destruction,I would call it a race.;-)