Mass extinction

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well I have the skull of a moose on one of my walls - it covers fully a quarter of the length of the wall. I was lucky enough to find it on our woodlot years ago. The lower jaw is disarticulated but the rest of the skull is intact. It makes for a great conversation piece, and it reminds me of the lessons of Moose.

I also have coyote, bear, deer, cougar, and many bird skulls, collected over the years. Except for the birds which I have never identified, the other species are thriving in our area.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
when the comet struck earth, many of the dinosaur corpses would have been destroyed.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Dunno.... I've never found a moose skeleton in the bush either. Maybe they don't exist....

These folks did. Unfortunately, there was a live moose around it::

NO mass extinction here. The pope's saved for now. More coffee on the keyboard. Thanks MT.:lol:

"""
Highway 17 west of Pembroke was closed Tuesday night as emergency workers cleaned up what was left after a car collided with a moose.
OPP said the crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. near Chalk River.
The elderly couple in the car had to be extricated, but were not injured"""Ottawa Sun Jan.6/10

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What myth? Are you saying that species haven't become extinct? That we haven't had a hand in destroying any species?

BTW, how seriously are we supposed to take this author if he can't even spell "what's" properly and spells it "watt's"?
Perhaps the inhabitants of your intracranial space are becoming extinct. Oh, no! No more squirrels!

Last edited:

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Apparently my simple play on words has ticked off one of the self-righteous crowd and they left me a little red gift in the rep department with a comment that says "sad". Well boo hoo. As usual they didn't have the intestinal fortitude (guts) to leave their name. What a baby....

Of course, if mass becomes extinct there's always the rosary.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to check on my next red rep.

Reactions: lone wolf

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Haha...thanks for the greenie. But it's just not as satisfying as meeting my nemesis head on. I challenge him or her to PM me and we'll have a little discussion.