an interesting take on vitamin sales

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
This article talks mostly about radioactivity but towards the end it draws a startling parallel to vitamin sales today. I found it quite revealing.

LINK

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This article talks mostly about radioactivity but towards the end it draws a startling parallel to vitamin sales today. I found it quite revealing.

LINK

There is no connection between vitamins and homeopathy, so either you don't understand what homeopathy is (it is clearly stated in the article, or you are purposely trying to be misleading.

On the other hand, vitamins are only useful if your diet consists of fast foods or you are sick because of a lack of vitamins in your diet. Unfortunately there are a s many charlatans in the natural health industry as there are in the medical profession and pharmaceutical industries. Best to educate yourself than to rely on anyone else to cure you.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
There is no connection between vitamins and homeopathy, so either you don't understand what homeopathy is (it is clearly stated in the article, or you are purposely trying to be misleading.

On the other hand, vitamins are only useful if your diet consists of fast foods or you are sick because of a lack of vitamins in your diet. Unfortunately there are a s many charlatans in the natural health industry as there are in the medical profession and pharmaceutical industries. Best to educate yourself than to rely on anyone else to cure you.

Well, Hermann made no reference to homeopathy directly, and in your next paragraph you basically parallel the part of the article that Hermann I think was probably referring to:

In short, (1) what we're selling is "natural," unlike those potent medicines your doctor prescribes; (2) maybe you are not getting enough of this natural substance; and (3) the government hasn't stopped us (yet). Remember, they're talking about radon gas.

The vitamin industry makes it's living selling their product to people who don't have a need for supplements in the first place. Vitamins are added to many food products now, you'd probably have to try hard to make a diet deficient in vitamins without starving yourself in the process.