After all my complaining, we have a mini-heat wave

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I see that Nanaimo is going to see 32 degrees today( That's just a hair under 90 degrees) and Lytton will see 40 degrees(104 degrees F.) "It's about bloody time" is all I can say...:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I see that Nanaimo is going to see 32 degrees today( That's just a hair under 90 degrees) and Lytton will see 40 degrees(104 degrees F.) "It's about bloody time" is all I can say...:lol:

It seriously could have waited until I was done building the garden shed. Edmonton is predicted to get to 31 today... my back says it will be hotter than that even.

Frickin' scorching out there already.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It seriously could have waited until I was done building the garden shed. Edmonton is predicted to get to 31 today... my back says it will be hotter than that even.

Frickin' scorching out there already.

Building a garden shed....Are you using a kit from Revy's or Home Depot, or are you building from scratch? I'm building a shed myself....just a small one....8 feet by 6 feet. Should be ready to put the roof on by Wednesday. I had to go out of town this weekend or it would be ready now.
We had an old metal shed that was losing it's battle with rust and the elements and it had to be replaced.

BTW, it's 28 degrees right now according to my $2 dollar thermometer...:smile:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Geez.... if I'd only known. Those days it's not raining here, it's hot and sticky. This is Northern Ontario. Blackfly season is supposed to be the dry season. Hot and humid lives south of the French River where the Gulf winds blow. Guess those Prairie Clippers don't come this way any more....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think our mini-heat wave will go for another day or two yet. Weatherman is calling for 29 degrees tomorrow.....We'll see how it goes......I love it...:smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Building a garden shed....Are you using a kit from Revy's or Home Depot, or are you building from scratch? I'm building a shed myself....just a small one....8 feet by 6 feet. Should be ready to put the roof on by Wednesday. I had to go out of town this weekend or it would be ready now.
We had an old metal shed that was losing it's battle with rust and the elements and it had to be replaced.

BTW, it's 28 degrees right now according to my $2 dollar thermometer...:smile:

We're putting it together ourselves, rather than buying a kit. Half the price for twice the shed if you plan it out yourself. It's 8 x10, with 8ft walls. We should be putting the roof on tomorrow. Floor and four walls built today, along with two gates for the back yard. I'm TIRED.

Oh, and, my therm read 33 today. Not nice.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Oh, I do wish all these heat-waves would find their way to Russia. We only have +15 right now. I can't remember another summer as cold as this one. And I've got new summer dresses... so chic, so fashionable, so stylish... :crybaby:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:-| We've had it both ways so far, this year. Hot and muggy, cool and wet.
Right now, we're having a bunch of cool and wet.........rain rain.

Hey, Vereya, I feel your pain. Just bought myself one of those Ralph Lauren shirty things with 10 pockets, plaid - au Canadienne. Just so darling, and it's rained every goddam day. Doesn't do a thing for it, under a slicker.............:lol: Shucks, eh! A nice chartruse colour too.........darn.:roll:

Back to the green work pants............................

Ah well.

8O

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Nova Scotia, although it's winter was longer then normal and the spring was late, is now currently more like what I grew up in then ever before.

It's currently Foggy @ 15.3°C with 100% hummidity...... ahhhhhh..... nice and cool, like tha ol' highlands o' Ireland, don'cha'know.

I think the week before last and the week before that we had steady days of sunshine and reaching close to 30°C but not quite yet.

Last week was a bit more humid with the moisture in the air sticking to you and broiling you in the sun like always, but overall, not much of any noticable difference from past years, except later seasonal changes and being more cool then normal...... ok so there are some noticable differences, but none I need to complain about.

All's good over here.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My house cooled off all the way to 25 degrees overnight. wow!! lol.

Looks like we're in for another scorcher today.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My house cooled off all the way to 25 degrees overnight. wow!! lol.

Looks like we're in for another scorcher today.

Our little thermometer is reporting 23 degrees right now and the weatherman is calling for 32 degrees today and 28 for tomorrow. The rain that was at least suggested by the weatherman for Wednesday, apparently went away.

Our house also stores the heat overnight even with every window open. That is the only downside with the hot weather....It also makes the grass grow (read Dandilions)so I will have to mow again today.