Divorce: leading cause of global warming

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I heard to today the divorce is a major environmental issue. Divorced couples require two of everything. From building materials to appliances to energy use. The War on Divorce will be lead by enviro-evangelicals.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Wouldn't it be appropriate to call the Catholic Church's long-standing admonition to adherents to go forth and multiply....and multiply.....and multiply......and multiply....really the strategy of planet killing?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well, they are implying there is an incentive to stay married, that should please some people.

Indonesia also is third in total emissions. From deforestation.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Enviro-Evangelicals sounds scary.

You know, 'the world is coming to an end. It's Gods will. Stay married and live as good christians, or else Satan will take over the world and cast everyone in darkness and hell. Keep pumping the oil, just live righteously to save the planet'. The usual stuff.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
By that same token, divorce isn't the only issue.

North America's insistence on single family dwellings is equally to blame. My last home would have comfortably housed two families with children.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
If people stay married then they might have more kids. We know greenies don't like people so I guess it is a dilemma for them.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary

North America's insistence on single family dwellings is equally to blame. My last home would have comfortably housed two families with children.

I agree Kerry. Didn't the Spanish prime minister wine about men that live with their parents. What an idiot. Perhaps what the earth needs is more "big babies"?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I agree Kerry. Didn't the Spanish prime minister wine about men that live with their parents. What an idiot. Perhaps what the earth needs is more big babies?

I've seen a few multi-family homes since moving here, and it makes more and more sense to me. Grandparents retire, and once the kids are off to school, they help run the house freeing mom and dad up to both work. The kids then have adults around whenever they need them. The families I've seen that live like that are so strong, it's incredible.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Very true. I honestly don't know what this continent is going to do in a decade or so with the monster homes built the last couple of years.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I've seen a few multi-family homes since moving here, and it makes more and more sense to me. Grandparents retire, and once the kids are off to school, they help run the house freeing mom and dad up to both work. The kids then have adults around whenever they need them. The families I've seen that live like that are so strong, it's incredible.

It's the usual thing in Russia for people to go on living with their parents even after they are married and have children of their own. It is part national custom, and part not being able to get a place of their own. This kind of arrangement doesn't always work out well, though. It all depends upon the people involved. I remember living together with my grandmother when I was married, and it was just terrible. She terrorized the life out of me and my husband, just like she terrorized my mother and her husband, and all of her children and their spouses before me. People not always take to each other easily, and even your closest kin is not always easy to live with. Now I am the envy of all of my married girl-friends, since I live alone and can have my own rules, and don't have to listen to mommy or mother-in-law in everything that I do. I'd say the best option is not to live together, but live not far from each other.

warrior_won

Time Out
Nov 21, 2007
The leading cause of divorce is marriage, according to Gene Simmons. Hmmm... Perhaps there's some truth to it. :p

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I plan on not having kids, So I guess I have not only lowered future emissions by more than any of you breeders, I also don't need to care if the environment goes to hell or not..I'll be dead :p

Time to start a tire fire and watch the planet die :p