Snow, Winter Wonderland and all that &%#

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have snow in Nanaimo. We have about eight or nine inches but we are getting more today. We are promised a bit of warmer weather on Monday and Tuesday and some rain but today, I have to shovel the driveway. The snowplows have built a virtual mountain across my driveway at the street that has to be 3 and a half feet high.......$%*&#..:roll::x

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Yup, Gopherland has had about 8 inches of snow and more is expected.

As for me, today I'm sitting by my desk playing with my PC. Nope, I won't be heading out anywhere!

BTW, if you would like to help make the Christmas season a better one for those who are poor and in need, try this:

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

It's a game where the more words you define correctly, the more free rice is given to the poor.

Have lots of fun!!:smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We got about 17 or 18 inches. Plus the dreaded snowplow came by last night so the end of my driveway has about 3 or 4 feet.

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Wow, 8 inches in Gopherland in early December. I spent hours yesterday shoveling out my car and driveway in No. Ontario, and now it's all filled back in. I'm watching out the window here and it is snowing UP. Wild wind. I learned about the rice game a couple of weeks ago. It is fun and legit. There was a guy on CBC talking about it Friday. He also mentioned one the UN is sponsoring, playagainstallodds.com. It's not quite so much "fun", it shows what it can be like to be a refuge from a bad country.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I hate snow, winter, winter sports, mittens, snow boots, shovels,snow blowers, plows, flurries, long underwear, skis, snowballs, skates, snowmen, snowwomen, snow tires, window scrapers ,antifreeze,, batteries, touqes, taboggans ,sleds and wind driven sleet coming off the garden off the gulf.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Could it be said DB that Winter is not your favourite season?.......:smile:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well really we should all count our blessings that we don't get the Newfie winter out west and here in southern Ontario. These are pics of the Transcanada from a couple years back.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Here in God's country....we have less than an inch of the white stuff. Hardley worth shoveling.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here in God's country....we have less than an inch of the white stuff. Hardley worth shoveling.

We have about a foot of snow, and my driveway is shoveled.....Tomorrow we get 12 degrees and heavy rain with much of the same on Tuesday. Now, I know you will get more snow, but I also know that you will be shoveling a lot more of the white stuff than I will. Enjoy your "less than an inch".........You will get more....:lol:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I hate snow, winter, winter sports, mittens, snow boots, shovels,snow blowers, plows, flurries, long underwear, skis, snowballs, skates, snowmen, snowwomen, snow tires, window scrapers ,antifreeze,, batteries, touqes, taboggans ,sleds and wind driven sleet coming off the garden off the gulf.

Nah, it is great if you can cozy in and enjoy it. If you have to shovel on the other hand...well.... ya know.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well, we got our warmer temperatures and rain. I could have got away without shoveling the driveway but what the hell, I needed the exercise.......:smile:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
My son said we should get David Skuzuki to shovel our drive. I guess my son doesn't like hypocrites.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
My son said we should get David Skuzuki to shovel our drive. I guess my son doesn't like hypocrits.

I don't get how you figure he's a hypocrite. This is typical of climate change in that we begin to see odd weather more often, especially displayed in extreme storms and more of them. Isn't that what's been predicted by people like David Suzuki?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
My son said we should get David Skuzuki to shovel our drive. I guess my son doesn't like hypocrits.

Only if you want to put up with the lecture about how you're disturbing nature's delicate balance and distribition of water by moving snow from the driveway to the grass.

Never got me out of clearing snow....

Woof!