Telescopes and Astronomy

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Some members have expressed an interest in astronomy and telescopes. My son and I have been amateur astronomers for quite a few years now. During that time we had a variety of different telescopes. I currently have a couple small refractors and an older Meade 7" Maksutov reflector.

Doc informed me that he has a new refractor telescope.....I'm hoping he will tell us about it.

http://tinyurl.com/39oq4v

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Yeah i bought one for one of the grand kids...popular company begins with a "B"....they gave us instructions to build which they did but not how to actually use the thing....sort of a shelved idea....i'm gonna go to this huge telescope place on Dufferin st. and see what i can learn.....

I thought it would be a great thing for them and the neighborhood.....Barrie is very friendly and if we could get it up an running..the neighborhood kids could be introduced to this as well. Backyard activities are great when everyone is invovled....

AS WELL AS ME!!!!...lol i'm not that altruistic......

Bushmills!!!...no thats the booze...sounds like though

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I know where to find them how much they are and which ones do what, but I have no garden, live in a city and tend to move about once a year. Plus my money has the important job of keeping my family alive now, instead of amusing me with trinkets.

but waaaaaaaah i want one waaaaaa

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
That telescope is a 4-1/2" Newtonian reflector. Does your's have the motor drive and GOTO feature?

no but i could have gotten that one..but at the time figured too adnvaced...hell we can't look through this one ..everything is blurry..i need instruction....bushnells does not offer it it seems....
like i said gonna go to the huge telescope store and yak it out.....i need hands on training...

but i want this to happen...instead of nintendo and pellet guns i want to offer him and his friends something else in the dark of the evening...they all sit out together with a chimenea and roast marshmellows ...why not toss a telescope into the mix...thats was my plan...gone ary ....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
no but i could have gotten that one..but at the time figured too adnvaced...hell we can't look through this one ..everything is blurry..i need instruction....bushnells does not offer it it seems....
like i said gonna go to the huge telescope store and yak it out.....i need hands on training...

but i want this to happen...instead of nintendo and pellet guns i want to offer him and his friends something else in the dark of the evening...they all sit out together with a chimenea and roast marshmellows ...why not toss a telescope into the mix...thats was my plan...gone ary ....

It sounds like the mirrors are not set up properly.......This can be a real headache. Was this a kit or was it just disassembled?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I want to see the flag on the moon.

triedit

If you took the largest telescopes on Mount Palomar or Mona Kea in Hawaii and made those telescopes five times as big, you still wouldn't be able to see the flag on the moon....Sorry:smile:

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
a guy had military binoculars once brought them over...80's peeps prolly meaningless now......they were 90 power....had em on a tripod for holding them was useless....wow these babies rocked....