UFO science key to halting climate change

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

OTTAWA (AFP) - A former Canadian defense minister is demanding governments worldwide disclose and use secret alien technologies obtained in alleged UFO crashes to stem climate change, a local paper said Wednesday.
"I would like to see what (alien) technology there might be that could eliminate the burning of fossil fuels within a generation ... that could be a way to save our planet," Paul Hellyer, 83, told the Ottawa Citizen.
Alien spacecrafts would have traveled vast distances to reach Earth, and so must be equipped with advanced propulsion systems or used exceptional fuels, he told the newspaper.
Such alien technologies could offer humanity alternatives to fossil fuels, he said, pointing to the enigmatic 1947 incident in Roswell, New Mexico -- which has become a shrine for UFO believers -- as an example of alien contact.
"We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know. Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough," he said.
Hellyer became defense minister in former prime minister Lester Pearson's cabinet in 1963, and oversaw the controversial integration and unification of Canada's army, air force and navy into the Canadian Forces.
He shocked Canadians in September 2005 by announcing he once saw a UFO.

Copyright © 2007 Agence France Presse.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Maybe there really are UFO's, if anyone in Canada would know it would be a Defense Minister :p

Now he's just getting too old to care if they shoot him. Maybe he just likes the spotlight.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
hehehe. Wow.

Might I point out, if the technology wasn't good enough to keep them from crashing to earth, perhaps we don't want it. And, just because they're aliens, doesn't mean it's safe, nonpolluting technology like we portray in our sci-fi. lol. what a good chuckle.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
note that neither of the two quotes actually mention aliens or alien technology. just technology and a possible technology to avoid the use of fossil fuels

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
note that neither of the two quotes actually mention aliens or alien technology. just technology and a possible technology to avoid the use of fossil fuels

Nice pick up Hermann, I hadn't noticed that. I'm curious to learn the whole conversation now.

shady01

Feb 25, 2007

What do you mean Herman? I read the word 'alien' in brackets in one of the quotes.

I really wish that when people post stories of this sort they would at least add in a comment or two of their own. We have no idea why Sanctus posted that, other than to think it was just for entertainment value.

In my own opinion, I think it's just more tinfoil hat silliness. And not to say that when I wear my tinfoil hat that my car doesn't get much better mileage. Double in fact!

What is your point Sanctus?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What do you mean Herman? I read the word 'alien' in brackets in one of the quotes.

I really wish that when people post stories of this sort they would at least add in a comment or two of their own. We have no idea why Sanctus posted that, other than to think it was just for entertainment value.

In my own opinion, I think it's just more tinfoil hat silliness. And not to say that when I wear my tinfoil hat that my car doesn't get much better mileage. Double in fact!

What is your point Sanctus?

You'll find it's common on this board for the original poster to not need to have a point in posting an article. Post any article you find interesting. If it sparks conversation, great. If not, oh well. Apparently, this one sparked interest, and sanctus wanted to share it and see what others think of it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Anyone ever notice that Marvin the Martian's ( ray gun never causes smoke or ashes or anything? That's a bit of alien technology that would be handy. We could get rid of lots of garbage and whatnot with it.

shady01

Feb 25, 2007
You'll find it's common on this board for the original poster to not need to have a point in posting an article. Post any article you find interesting. If it sparks conversation, great. If not, oh well. Apparently, this one sparked interest, and sanctus wanted to share it and see what others think of it.

I don't question anyone's right to post a story without adding anything of his own. I just think it's helpful if the poster does add a comment on the reason why he posted a story. I think that if he doesn't then it's just for interest sake and doesn't invite comment. But it does leave us wondering what Sanctus's purpose was. Is he mocking the story as being ridiculous or is he perhaps suggesting that there is some credibility in the story.

I think L Gilbert has it about right with his contribution though. And I am of the same opinion when it comes to the discussion of UFO's. The 'alien' sort of course.

As it was a credible link from a credible source, I think I will assume that Sanctus finds it credible too.

shady01

Feb 25, 2007
usually when a word is in brackets in a quote, it suggests that the word was implied from context but not actually spoken. It's usually square brackets too.

I just found it troubling that the word 'alien' was there in any form. Gives me the tinfoil hat feeling ya know. Forget it, it's not important anymore.