Toxic Victims - Agent Orange Gagetown

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
The victims of the testing of Agent Orange on the military bases at Gagetwon PEI are going to get money for their suffering.

They deserve it:
-they were lied to: "this stuff kills insects, how could it harm you?"
-they got sick and died early

Nuff said?

Consumers who paid for products like 2-4D and used them as directed on their gardens for the decades of the 50s 60s 70 s and 80s were likewise affected.
Should they also recieve compensation?

They deserve it:
- they were lied to
- they got sick and died early.

Then came the denials, much of which is still in vogue... people still believe it is safe to use.

Not safe: Parkinsons disease has become a rampant epidemic, with virutally everyone in danger of develping it if they live to be old enough, as well as people in their 20s now getting PD symptoms. This was simply not the case before 1950.

PD is now linked to pesticide exposure:
SUSPICIONS that pesticides could cause Parkinson's disease have been strengthened. The more pesticide you are exposed to, the higher your risk of developing the disease, say investigators who have studied almost 3000 people in five European countries. The results reinforce the need for amateur gardeners and farmers alike to wear protective equipment when spraying pesticides, the team concludes.

"It considerably strengthens the case for pesticides being relevant to occupational risk of Parkinson's disease,"

http://tinyurl.com/howjd

PD is just one symptom of pesticide exposure. There are neurological diseases, there are cancers, there are organs affected and brain damages too.

Like with Vioxx, the manufacturers KNEW of the dangers before they sold the products or pills. Its a matter of re-couping investments, and even if the fines are paid, they will be less than losses from disclosing what they knew about the harms of their products. This has been going on in many products, not just pesticides and pharmaceuticals. It is the corporate way anymore.

So I say that all Canadians who have the symptoms of toxin sicknesses should be compensated, and that should be paind for by corporations, a special tax that depends on the toxicity of their product lines. That is, if any corporations can exist long enough to make payments without producing harmfull products, as they must all be banned immediately. The corporations may disapear and leave the victims without anything, but thats better than just continuing this parade of toxic victims.

Karlin.

Doolallytapper

Jun 19, 2009
United Kingdom
There are many victims of toxic poisoning. The biggest toxic hit is caused by the way we heat our homes, in particular the imcomplete combustion of the fuels we use.

I was poisoned by a badly fitted gas appliance. It poisoned myself & my family for 2 years before it was found. Now myself & my 2 girls have chronic illness. My Husband seems to have escaped it, but his body mass was much larger & he was rarely at home (workaholic). My 2 girls are not blood related, so the similar illnesses can't be from a genetic source.

Doolallytapper

Jun 19, 2009
United Kingdom
Now settle down children! No need to fall out. I was aware about the timing of the post, but hoped the poster would still be on the site. I am gathering information about the environmental causes of illness--to try to fight our blessed government (UK) to recognise the plight of people who are suffering long term effects of chronic toxic poisoning in their homes.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Radon is a biggie. Few think of it but good ole nitrogen isn't so good after all. Ammonia based cleaners clean your insides too. There is also ozone from appliances and the plethora of chlorides that will literally make your head spin.

With 75,000 chemicals and compounds introduced for use by the human specices in the past 80 years this list could virtually be updated several times daily for eternity.....if there is an eternity.

Doolallytapper

Jun 19, 2009
United Kingdom
Yes, Radon is a biggie. I suffered from the incomplete combustion of natural gas years ago. A gas company fitted a gas fire in my home & we (my family) suffered from Carbon Monoxide poisoning. It was me who collapsed & was rushed to hospital, where it was promptly missed. After 3 weeks in hospital & my family nicely safe in their Granmothers house, I came home & found the problem. I informed the hospital & was discharged. The gas fire had been installed for 2 years & the reason for the incomplete combustion was the flue was capped off! The fumes had been escaping through a bedroom shaft that had been blocking over time. The gas engineer should have checked the chimney, but he didn't as the fire installed was HIS gas company (as it was their make) & could only have been installed by their engineers. So the mistake had been done twice!!!!!!!! Nobody told me I would develop health problems (and my family). I have the lungs of a life long smoker (never smoked) & fibromyalgia, my oldest has MS, the younger one has all sorts of ill health affecting the immune system. Nobody can say they are genetic as they are not genetically related to me--just legally.
I have just paid private for a blood test & after 26 + years have high levels of Manganese, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt,Mercury, Nickel, Selenium, Thorium & Titanium. I also have high levels of Volatile Organic Compounds. I have never lived or worked near to anywhere that might expose me to such as this & I have joined forces with a group who have had similar exposures to me, who have similar blood results. I find it amazing (& a tad annoying) that I have these levels after 26 years.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Manganese, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt,Mercury, Nickel, Selenium, Thorium & Titanium.
Do you live under a major fly way? The majority of that list are either used in the construction jet engine components or are lubricants for jet engines. I'm surprised aluminum, fluorides, chlorides and sulfates aren't on your list.

Doolallytapper

Jun 19, 2009
United Kingdom
I do have raised levels of aluminium (uk spelling), but not as much as the other levels. I haven't been tested for the others. A Yorkshire Airline fly way is visible from my home, but it is not a major airport & the path varies & is mostly north of where I live. I can see flights descending as I sit & watch tv of an evening, but they are not close enough to hear unless you are outside & only then when it is quiet. I doubt that is responsible--I live fairly remote & not near any highway at all. I live in Yorkshire, surrounded by countryside & horses (not mine). You seem very knowlegable--I'm merely a sufferer, gathering information & hopefully a bit of knowledge. I've already set up a blog of my story, hoping to make it a website this year. Have got the backing of my MP (believe it or not), who used to be on the Gas Safety Committee. No doubt he is doing it because his party is in deep **** for all sorts of things, but that's not my problem--I need his support. :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Do you have anything scientific to back up your claim? To suggest that incomplete combustion of natural gas would create enough nickel and other heavy metals to give you the lungs of a life long smoker is quite the stretch unless you are using some of the dirtiest natural gas in the world.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
We aren't talking about natural gas that comes out of the ground. We are talkingg about natural gas that enters your house.

Doolallytapper

Jun 19, 2009
United Kingdom
Cannuck--natural gas is not dirty in itself. It was pumped into our homes in the 1970's & although tests have been done & publicised (complete combustion)there is no such evidence of the testing of incomplete combustion & the gas company has admitted that a study has never been done. Why? We do have a lot of evidence to back up our claim. I had an operation last year & the anaesthetist told me what I had in my blood before I had the chance to show him my tests. He told me to change my car & drive a diesel car as it was less of a polluter.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Cannuck--natural gas is not dirty in itself. It was pumped into our homes in the 1970's & although tests have been done & publicised (complete combustion)there is no such evidence of the testing of incomplete combustion & the gas company has admitted that a study has never been done. Why?

There have been lots of tests regarding incomplete combustion however that's not really important. In order to get nickel as a byproduct of incomplete combustion, it must be in the gas to begin with. Do you have any evidence that shows this nickel exists. I'm asking because I seen absolutely no evidence of nickel contained in NG in any significant amounts.