Environmental Preservation Thread

Basic

Jan 18, 2006
St. Albert
www.davidsuzuki.org
Go to www.davidsuzuki.org and take the one-tonne challenge. If the Conservatives do get in then at least we can help save the environment ourselves. At least until the Greens get into power. Lol!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
ok..... *looks around*

Tell the corperations to stop using so many plastics!!!

How about this we messure how many ton's we can dump in the USA from Toronto alone?

Man I can't believe how much trouble Toronto is in with it's garbage. =-( At least Michigan is dealing with it for now. =-D

Basic

Jan 18, 2006
St. Albert
www.davidsuzuki.org
At least it's a start. Things need to begin changing for the better now in any small amounts possible. It is estamated that within the next 30 years or so humanity will pass the point of environmental degredation from which there will likely be no return.
They are trying to get to 1 million members. If that were to happen then they would definately have enough of a reason for politicians to follow somewhat with legislation. If there are 1 million people that really care about the environment in Canada then it is likely they will do something.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
I've always wondered this. If the green party is supposed to be so green why do they use those platic baggy signs? Wouldn't it be ironic if you found a dolphin on the beach dead caused by a green party baggy sign? lol

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Basic said:
Haha ya that actually would be fairly ironic now wouldn't it.
I guess they expect them to be reused year after year because they are not name specific.

hmmm not giving any neo-conservatives out there an idea (hint) but this would be a good thing to follow up on. =-D

Yeah from the first time I saw a Green party sign 10 years ago I thought it was a little odd for there party to be using those signs. Actual any sign. They merely say there were usualy recycled but can they be recyled after being used for this and do they get recycled?

Basic

Jan 18, 2006
St. Albert
www.davidsuzuki.org
Finder said:
Basic said:
Haha ya that actually would be fairly ironic now wouldn't it.
I guess they expect them to be reused year after year because they are not name specific.

hmmm not giving any neo-conservatives out there an idea (hint) but this would be a good thing to follow up on. =-D

Yeah from the first time I saw a Green party sign 10 years ago I thought it was a little odd for there party to be using those signs. Actual any sign. They merely say there were usualy recycled but can they be recyled after being used for this and do they get recycled?
They can be but I'm not sure if they usually do.
In terms of overall mass, however, these are actually probably much smaller than those of the the other parties who seem to generally use the corrugated plastic signs. Wow this is getting off topic. Lol!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
true but I think during this and the last election as the Green's have been getting more support and money I've also seen them using the coloplastic (I think thats what they call it) signs.

I'm wondering if this election will have more or less support for the greens. Last election was really disappointing for them and showed a weakness in our system that 500,000 Canadians had no mp's at all. I'm wondering if alot of those vote were one time deals.

I think if we achieved a MMP system or a PR hybrid system the Greens vote's would increase even more from the people who support green but vote other parties because the greens don't have a chance.

Basic

Jan 18, 2006
St. Albert
www.davidsuzuki.org
It may be biased from where I am getting this perspective, but at my college currently it seems that a very large percentage of people support the Green Party. This is a very diverse crowd too: business, science, education, and arts students.
Even many people that are voting for another party have stated that the Greens are their second choice.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
The only thing I can see the Green party doing this election is to Nader the NDP. Thats why I'm hoping for either bad Green turnout for this election or Green to NDP votes. But you never know. In fptp if the three parties are evenly split and the greens have a good showing they could take a riding with around 25% of the vote. I know in the Beaches Toronto the riding I used to live in, I believe it was last provincial election got 5000 votes. But really the NDP kicked everyones ass so badly and the Green vote was the same as the liberals and more then the conservative....