Whale found full of plastic bags: Norwegian zoologists

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
This is a huge problem. With micro plastics showing up in our food and plastics replacing the sand on beaches we are on the verge of seeing something catastrophic happen to nature. They say in a couple of 10s of years plastic will out weigh all the sea life in the ocean.

That polyester in your shirt for example contributes to the micro plastic in the ocean just so you know

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In my opinion we should be cleaning out the Oceans of plastic before we go full retard taxing our prople to death just to save the world from 0.2% CO2...

That an actually protect our forests too...

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yup. I was happy with paperbags but environmentalists weren't.

Paper bags are made out of a renewable, recyclable materials often made from planted trees that remove atmospheric CO2 as they grow. Environmentalists have to think a little harder.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Whale Found Full of Plastic Bags"

For a second I thought this topic was going to be about a Hedy Fry shopping spree.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Here is a list of the most common plastics that you will find at sea with most of the these making up the majority of whats termed, "Micro Plastics"... Feel free to research them further, you might find it a nice change of pace from the regular Trump and Trudeau threads...

PET - Polyethylene Terephtalate
PES - Polysulfone
PE - Polyethylene
HDPE - High Density Polyethylene
PVC - Polyvinal Chloride
PP - Polypropylene
PA - Polyamide
PS - Polystyrene