New cloud is discovered in Wales

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A cloud spotted over North Wales has been officially recognised as a formation.

The asperitas is the first new type in more than half a century.

Cloud fine Rare wave-like cloud is world’s first new type to be recognised for more than 50 years

Mountaineer instructor Patrick Hickie photographed spectacular cloud during Snowdonia climb

By CHLOE MAYER
22nd November 2016

A CLOUD spotted over North Wales has been officially recognised as a formation.

The asperitas is the first new type in more than half a century.

Rare cloud spotted by mountaineer instructor during Snowdonia climb

Mountaineer instructor Patrick Hickie photographed the spectacular cloud during a 2,460ft climb in Snowdonia.

The Cloud Appreciation Society has campaigned since 2006 for asperitas to be labelled as a separate type after other sightings around the world.

It has now been recognised by the World Meteorological Organisation and will be in 2017’s International Cloud Atlas.

Mountaineer instructor Patrick Hickie photographed the cloud

And it has been named after the Latin word for “roughness” because of a resemblance to stormy seas.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22418...cially-recognised-as-a-formation-in-50-years/

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They need to get off the turd now and again.

Great Britain is a land of stunningly beautiful countryside, quaint villages, medieval buildings, mountains, lakes, fine foods, a high standard of living, one of the world's lowest murder rates, a plethora of modern and ancient culture and traditions and a long history which North Americans can only dream of.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Great Britain is a land of stunningly beautiful countryside, quaint villages, medieval buildings, mountains, lakes, fine foods, a high standard of living, one of the world's lowest murder rates, a plethora of modern and ancient culture and traditions and a long history which North Americans can only dream of.
It's admirable that you're proud of your country. But there's no way in hell Great Britain Has even near the diversity of America. Arizona alone has your country beat. As far as food, give me a break.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's admirable that you're proud of your country. But there's no way in hell Great Britain Has even near the diversity of America. Arizona alone has your country beat.

Diversity in what way? Because if it's diversity of people then I don't want Britain to be diverse.

If it's diversity of landscape, then Britain wins hands down. There's no other country of similar size that has as much geographical diversity as Great Britain. Britain is far more geographically diverse than Arizona.

As far as food, give me a break.

Nothing wrong with Britiush food. It's the greatest food in the world. It's certainly far better than American food.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Diversity in what way? Because if it's diversity of people then I don't want Britain to be diverse.

If it's diversity of landscape, then Britain wins hands down. There's no other country of similar size that has as much geographical diversity as Great Britain. Britain is far more geographically diverse than Arizona.

Nothing wrong with Britiush food. It's the greatest food in the world. It's certainly far better than American food.
America is a melting pot. We have foods from every country in the world.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's a f-cking **** hole.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You have a narrow view. Go have a crumpet

Now that you've mentioned it, I might just do that. With plenty of butter on it, of course. I love it when the butter melts on the hot crumpet's surface.

Tornados form on flat land

My theory of their formation is what I dub "The Ricochet Effect."

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Now that you've mentioned it, I might just do that. With plenty of butter on it, of course. I love it when the butter melts on the hot crumpet's surface.

My theory of their formation is what I dub "The Ricochet Effect."
Super cell thunderstorms that develop rotation form on flat land like tornado alley,

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Snowflakes and clouds never have two that look the same. Water vapor clouds are 1 group. The ones that you will see that are much higher in the sky would be the result of much colder air causing some gas to turn to ice and refract the sun's rays.

Something like this.