Koko the gorilla is the voice of Nature at COP21

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Koko, the gorilla that can talk with humans, was recently informed of what was at stake during the world's climate-related summit.

Edited for brevity and continuity, this is how she responded. (via Noé)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did your trainers only teach you meme and YouTube?

I'd say you've learned a little more on your own but YouTug is YouTug.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Dogs have been some of my best teachers. They helped cure me of some species-centric notions I picked up from various human teachers and also from particular ancient writings that seem to have suggested that the human form was the pinnacle of creation. All other births were seen as less than human births, given only to not yet evolved enough or fallen souls. In fact the threat of such allegedly fallen non human births is used even today as a way to frighten humans into being good devotees of certain religions.
Being born in an animal, bird, fish, or even insect body, is not necessarily a bad birth. Certainly it seems for some things the human body and brain are a great help and yes there does seem to be a connection between having a human brain and the ability to see beyond the appearances of things. But we have no idea what other species see. Maybe they are seeing the ultimate reality all the time. They certainly display the capacity for selfless love from time to time. They serve life in their own remarkable ways.
They obviously can have great love for us and each other, sometimes far greater than do those supposed lucky/deserving souls who have human bodies. Can that ability to love ever be seen as a bad birth, no matter which form it is found in? Dogs for instance, bring a lot of joy and love to many people. Their presence has opened up many a closed heart. Chris Waller

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Out of the inkwell, comes Koko the clown. The funniest clown who ever came to town. You gotta be a really old bastard to remember that cartoon tune.
Musta just been on the Yanky channels, cuz I is old and never heard that one... :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I am so envious of those who've had the opportunity to interact with Koko.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy It is in my memories as a small child. Probably watched it on our old black and white. And I'm probably older than you. It was an old cartoon called koko the clown.
The only clown from my childhood who didn't scare the crap out of me was Clarabelle from Howdy Doody.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If we base our lives on Morality of treating others the way we want to be treated, then animals are definitely the next in line for a big pay raise. Those bee's definitely are being exploited :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Why? Why koko? Would another gorilla not be suffice?

I'd be happy to have the opportunity to meet with any gorilla actually. But Koko has been encouraged to communicate with us and she likes cats. I would love the opportunity to interact with her and I would really love a gorilla hug.

I'm also very envious of the people whom get to work everyday with orangutans. Chimpanzees kind of scare me. Although I'd love the opportunity to play with a baby chimp.

I'm envious of anyone who gets to spend their day helping animals. And those people whom have developed really close relationships with certain animals, I'm just about down right jealous of:

Kevin Richardson.
Casey Anderson
Mark Dumas
Monks at the tiger temple in Thailand
Shawn Ellis

If we base our lives on Morality of treating others the way we want to be treated, then animals are definitely the next in line for a big pay raise. Those bee's definitely are being exploited :)

As long as we give the bee's what they need to survive and thrive then nobody gets hurt.

Animals ARE due for raise in treatment. ALthough, I use how one treats animals as a guide to what that person is worth.

I DO judge people by their treatment of the "lesser animals"

And I just people by how my animals respond to them. If the dogs and cats like someone and that person treats my pets with respect, then that's good.

If my cats or dogs don't like someone...they'll be invited back to our house.

You're just jealous cause you can't talk to humans.