Vet performs surgery on constipated goldfish

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Vet performs surgery on constipated goldfish
QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 03:36 PM EST | Updated: Friday, January 02, 2015 03:42 PM EST
A man from Norfolk, England, paid about $500 for an operation on his constipated pet goldfish, the BBC reports.
Veterinarian Faye Bethell told the BBC she put the goldfish to sleep in water containing an anesthetic before performing the hour-long operation to remove "a lump blocking his bottom."
Throughout the almost hour-long surgery, a nurse monitored the fish's heart rate with a tiny probe, while another nurse kept anesthetic gas bubbling through a tube into the water.
Bethell, who is the director of the Toll Barn Veterinary Centre in Norwich told the BBC the clinic "discussed all the options" with the goldfish's owner and he wanted to proceed with the operation.
"At the end of the day they're all pets and everybody does have a commitment to their pet," she said.
Vet performs surgery on constipated goldfish | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I had a vision of a goldfish.........being stepped on like a foil package of ketchup.........constipation cured.

I sometimes lose control of my mind.

:)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Wonder what Blackie has to say about that?
How Englishmen prioritize things in their lives..........................?
At about $2.50 per goldfish he could have bought 200 of them and fed his cat too.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
wow I didn't know that goldfish can live for decades with proper care...8O

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I do hope it isn't named Bob. He was my grand daughters fishie when she was three. She kept him all safe and snuggly one night in bed. Bob didn't swim so well the next morning.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I do hope it isn't named Bob. He was my grand daughters fishie when she was three. She kept him all safe and snuggly one night in bed. Bob didn't swim so well the next morning.

It must have broke her little heart. Did grampy buy her a Mersedes Benz?
I was very attached to a gold fish once.