Nanaimo weather at it's best.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Right now we are at 30 degrees and I love it. Lots of places warmer but Nanaimo is just right for me.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i love our rain, that is why it is so green here. doesn't rain near as much as you prairie dogs

pretend.

my two grandaughters have been living in ottawa, (going to school), and that experience is teaching
them how great it is here on the island, or in most of b.c.

winter is unbearable, so cold people all jump up and down waiting for the bus, and now that it is
summer, seems many areas are under water, no thanks, i'll grow grass in the winter, walk anywhere
i want in the winter, enjoy a wonderful spring and fall, don't really like the over 30deg. during
july and august, but the ocean is close by, and the river, and the lake, so take my choice, and
cool off.

maybe not bella coola, prince rupert, and a couple of other rain drenched places, but the rest of
us don't get near that much rain.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
yes, but the temperature will melt the Nanaimo bars. ;)

hmmmmmmmmm, Nanaimo bars. I haven't had a good one in soooooooo long.

Last couple of days here (Mainland) have been 30 degrees too. I love it. My muscles are loosy goosy and my brain is able to enjoy the slow down along with my body...the best time to wander the neighbourhood...hear the sounds...smell what's cooking at the neighbours...the smell of pot here and there...oh and flowers. Summer is one of my favouritist seasons. I have 4 favourites.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Yes the temperature is great too bad it doesn't make up for the plentitude of skanks, scuzzbags, ratbags, tweakers, junkies, thieves, and general dirtbags; OP excepted of course.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Yes the temperature is great too bad it doesn't make up for the plentitude of skanks, scuzzbags, ratbags, tweakers, junkies, thieves, and general dirtbags; OP excepted of course.

Unfortunately , your temperature is conducive to hobos- year round.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Unfortunately , your temperature is conducive to hobos- year round.

Hobo's don't hang out year round. At least not real hobos. Junkies are a year round...plague. Opportunistic and annoying.

I met a real hobo once. Rode the rails and everything. Authentic.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
i love our rain, that is why it is so green here. doesn't rain near as much as you prairie dogs

pretend.

my two grandaughters have been living in ottawa, (going to school), and that experience is teaching

winter is unbearable, so cold people all jump up and down waiting for the bus, and now that it is
summer, seems many areas are under water, no thanks, i'll grow grass in the winter, walk anywhere
i want in the winter, enjoy a wonderful spring and fall, don't really like the over 30deg. during
july and august, but the ocean is close by, and the river, and the lake, so take my choice, and
cool off.

maybe not bella coola, prince rupert, and a couple of other rain drenched places, but the rest of
1m of rain isn't much? If it fell as snow it would be 10m deep.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well here in Melbourne, in the Deep of Winter, we're suffering horribly.

Today we're only going to get up to about +14C at best and over night it's going to drop down to a frigid +8C

Just to show how horrible the winters are here in Melbourne, I found a photo online that best represents the suffering:

^ Look at how much they're suffering... all bundled up and stuff.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

pretend.

cool off.

You're right Talloola;
We are going to get a couple days of rain but then we are back into the sunshine again. Nanaimo is like that. If you don't want rain, move to Saskatchewan.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You're right Talloola;
We are going to get a couple days of rain but then we are back into the sunshine again. Nanaimo is like that. If you don't want rain, move to Saskatchewan.

I did. 8 years of vitamin D depletion did it's damage and the coast is no place to raise a healthy child. I'll admit it's a nice place to be but it's not that nice to live there because the people really suck. There is zero "community" everybody is from somewhere else, 75% of everyone is stoned on something and to top it off, everyone is a hypocrite.

I spent 2/3 of my life in BC and you know what? I used to do the samething as you, klinging to the weather as a way to justify living somewhere that really sucks.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I did. 8 years of vitamin D depletion did it's damage and the coast is no place to raise a healthy child. I'll admit it's a nice place to be but it's not that nice to live there because the people really suck. There is zero "community" everybody is from somewhere else, 75% of everyone is stoned on something and to top it off, everyone is a hypocrite.

I spent 2/3 of my life in BC and you know what? I used to do the samething as you, klinging to the weather as a way to justify living somewhere that really sucks.

You sound desperate Petros. " The people suck", "There is no community", "Everyone is a hypocrite", "Everyone is stoned".... I've been retired for a few years now and I couldn't be happier. I caught a twelve pound salmon yesterday. I'll barbeque it on the weekend.