If You've Ever Wanted To Stare At the Water In Hopes of Something Swimming By

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well then here's your chance.

NOAA Ocean Explorer: NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer: Live Stream 1 (540p)

0930 (Central): NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer is currently on station and ROV Deep Discoverer (D2) has been deployed for Dive 10 of the Expedition at “Bryant Canyon Deep”. D2 is currently 800 m deep in the water column and preparing to conduct 15 minute transects at 800, 900, 1000, 1100 and 1200 m to investigate animals in water column, including those that may be prey for deep-diving whales. Our water column exploration should take about 1.5 hours, after which the ROV will descend to the bottom at 2800 m, arriving around 1100 Central, and commence a transit up the western canyon wall to search for deep-sea corals. Join us and see what we discover![....]
I don't think there's anything on TV tonight, so what the hell?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
If one stares at a patch of coastal waters long enough something is certain to come by. It may be Risso's dolphins, humpback whales, bottlenose dolphins, gray whales, surf scoters, brown pelicans, a school of anchovies, the dorsal fin of a white shark, or any of a myriad of other creatures. One is never disappointed. Every day is different.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Knowing my luck the only thing I would see float by would be a large bloated corpse.8O