B.C. rescinds environmental assessment exemption

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Government fails to consult First Nations on regulatory exemptions for gas plants, ski resorts

In a stunning about-face, Environment Minister Mary Polak has rescinded the environmental assessment exemption for prospective sweet natural gas processing plants and all-season ski resorts only a day after it was announced.
'The word from my elders is you treat people kind. You treat them with respect even when they're stabbing you in the back'- Fort Nelson First Nations' Chief Sharleen Gale​
In a written statement, Polak acknowledges First Nations were not adequately consulted about the proposed change prior to her Tuesday announcement.

B.C. rescinds environmental assessment exemption - British Columbia - CBC News

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Rich Colman had an explaination on the news today. Turns out what was to be a proposal somehow got to be an order in council before anyone even had a chance to talk about it. Yet when you want the bureaucracy to do something several ice ages pass and pensions are claimed before anything happens.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh i don't know about a lie. I remember something about a finance corporation that
issued government checks and paid bills got on a miscellaneous bill and was legislated
out of business only to have to have parliament brought back for a day to re-introduce
it and pass the outdated stuff to remove the one item and then pass the bill as
amended that was in 1976.or 1977 and Dave Barrette the opposition leader made
great sport of the event
It could be one of those situations

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You do? So you know the intent of everything how wise some must be
I don't support this government on lots of things but I think this is more a
case of incompetence than a lie.
the reason is this government is trying to avoid criticism at all costs and
not following a protocol would bring lots of criticism. Besides this mistake
as a mistake is worse than a lie. It puts their goal and intent in jeopardy.
Once the negative reaction starts its hard to re introduce it.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one