Canada's greenhouse emissions are down five per cent since 2005

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
But you might not know it being buried in the article:

TORONTO -- An environmental analyst says the rise of oil and gas production as Canada's biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions adds further weight to calls for the federal government to bring in long-promised regulations for the oil industry.

The Environment Canada report quietly released Friday reveals the energy sector has now surpassed transportation as the largest generator of the climate-change causing gases.

The report, covering the period from 1990 to 2012, states that oil and gas now account for one-quarter of Canada's greenhouse emissions, narrowly edging out transportation.

Oil and gas sector now Canada's biggest generator of greenhouse gases | CP24.com

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
But you might not know it being buried in the article:

TORONTO -- An environmental analyst says the rise of oil and gas production as Canada's biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions adds further weight to calls for the federal government to bring in long-promised regulations for the oil industry.

The Environment Canada report quietly released Friday reveals the energy sector has now surpassed transportation as the largest generator of the climate-change causing gases.

The report, covering the period from 1990 to 2012, states that oil and gas now account for one-quarter of Canada's greenhouse emissions, narrowly edging out transportation.

Oil and gas sector now Canada's biggest generator of greenhouse gases | CP24.com

It's all the aliens fault, they want to warm up our climate, and melt the poles to turn the world in a alien utopia... :lol: :lol:

The Arrival

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
just like researchers are the leading cause of cancer in mice, wouldnt canadians be canada's largest source of greenhouse gases?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Unfortunately the Conservatives have to take credit for improving the environment because they were instramental in closing most of the manufacturing base in Ontario and Quebec

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Unfortunately the Conservatives have to take credit for improving the environment because they were instramental in closing most of the manufacturing base in Ontario and Quebec

The only Canadian politician who got it was Jack Layton.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MR7tL7tWs

Jack Layton, one of the best leaders Canada has ever seen.. a true Canadian looking out for Canadians.. it's to bad he passed away.

Last edited:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The only Canadian politician who got it was Jack Layton.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_MR7tL7tWs

Jack Layton, one of the best leaders Canada has ever seen.. a true Canadian looking out for Canadians.. it's to bad he passed away.

I agree with Jack and if Jack was riding a horse I would help Jack, before I lose my train of thought this is why I do not agree with the federal Conservative government signing a lot of free trade agreements. This is hurting the manufacturing base in Ontario and Quebec and not the west which has a resource based economy which was the Reform plan in the beginning to shrink government to decentralize it so it would be easier for the provinces to fragment.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I wonder if it has anything to do with the mutilated manufacturing sectors?

I don't know about that but guess what?...Canada's greenhouse emissions are down 5%.

Maybe it's not big green newsy enough.