The Amazing hummingbird

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Bet that feels weird running around inside your cranium.
But this reminds me, where does the giant anteater keep its 60cm long tongue? It's head is only 30cm long.
hhmm Maybe wifey's part hummingbird or anteater. Yipes! maybe she's an alien!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
For those who haven't seen the pictures of the amazing Hummingbird Lady

Hand Feeding Hummingbirds by The Hummingbird Lady

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You too could be a Hummer's friend, Sal...............it just takes time and patience. They are really friendly little critters once they get to know you.

I have only ever seen "one" my whole life and I almost missed it... it was a few summers ago and it checked out my flowers on my balcony, I wondered what was fluttering in the breeze and then it was gone... I was full of wonder for hours...lol

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I have only ever seen "one" my whole life and I almost missed it... it was a few summers ago and it checked out my flowers on my balcony, I wondered what was fluttering in the breeze and then it was gone... I was full of wonder for hours...lol

Hummer is the animal totem for joy- cool eh - cause that's just what they bring and lots of it. It is all but impossible to maintain a gloom when they are around the feeders. At one time, I was hanging 7- 4 station feeders and when those little guys got hungry there was never an empty spot and many more hovered - not so patiently waiting their turn. I would go out to fill the feeders up to four times a day. I kept large jugs of the feeder in my fridge - it was a full time business. Many times when I went out, they would come flitting around. They loved dive bombing me when I wore a red kerchief on my head and I would have them swirling around my head - it was so cool. I had one sit on my shoulder for awhile - must have been tuckered out from all that flitting about. I've watched some fascinating docs on them. They are such remarkable little birds.