Serial Killer Cells

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
As I mentioned earlier I'd sure like to know how many cures and the success ratio.
yes, and it will be skewed because they only "experiment" using this therapy on those who will be dead shortly...thus the findings will be hard to measure because if the patient dies it may be because the body was unable to come back from the destruction already wrought by the cancer or because the therapy did not work in a positive way or because the therapy caused the death.

But it is hopeful. The doctor was highly emotional...I found it very moving.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
yes, and it will be skewed because they only "experiment" using this therapy on those who will be dead shortly...thus the findings will be hard to measure because if the patient dies it may be because the body was unable to come back from the destruction already wrought by the cancer or because the therapy did not work in a positive way or because the therapy caused the death.

But it is hopeful. The doctor was highly emotional...I found it very moving.

Yep, it did save one life!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can only imagine the toxic deluge that all that sudden immune chaos would bring about.

One thing that jumped out at me straight away, and time will tell of course, is my wondering about what effect it will have on their ability to carry a pregnancy down the road, if their T cells are super charged to fight foreign invaders now.

But, death would have had an even more profound impact on that, so, it's more a curiosity than a criticism.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I can only imagine the toxic deluge that all that sudden immune chaos would bring about.

One thing that jumped out at me straight away, and time will tell of course, is my wondering about what effect it will have on their ability to carry a pregnancy down the road, if their T cells are super charged to fight foreign invaders now.

But, death would have had an even more profound impact on that, so, it's more a curiosity than a criticism.
yes giving up the ability to carry a baby to term may be an option which is sacrificed. Then again, there are many in that situation without such treatment.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
hmm interesting. I guess at that point most people would be willing to try anything.