Solar Outbursts Could Wreck Civilization

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
But there is no energy beyond spectral coming from the sun. Didn't you know that?

They still teach kids that. One tiny pop off old sol and we have to start mailing in posts and comments while we wait for transformers from china who have also been scorched a little. I'd like to start hardening my transmission and generating equipment.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Solar Outbursts Could Wreck Civilization | Space News
May 27, 2013 by B Talbott
Thunderbolts colleague Michael Armstrong, the manager of Mikamar Publishing, discusses the potential threat a powerful solar storm might pose to modern civilization. A frightening historical precedent for such a potential disaster can be found in the Carrington event of 1859. … Continue reading →
uhuh A good sized meteorite could wipe out life. So what? Life's a bitch for some people.

Thunderbolts: the "science" section of Cracked Magazine.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Cracked Magazine? If you can't discuss the science its OK then you can just keep on attacking sources based on your relativistic cult affiliations until the obvious brain fossilization process you are experiencing is complete. I'm not worried about being wiped out I'm worried about interrupted internet service, ya great sack of wrong.