Comet PAN STARRS

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Pretty soon, ladies and germs were going to get ourselves a northern hemisphere view of a comet.... And its not going to hit us...

Cant say the same for Mars... Which might get smacked by 2013 A1 but thats another story.....

The folks in the southern hemisphere are already enjoying the comet now.... Every morning i wake up to new pictures of the comet on the internet and every morning a wish i was seeing it now.... :(

Yes i mean when the sun sets in the northern hemisphere very soon you will be able to see a comet in the sky that will be brighter than sirius and venus....

So yes research the name in old google, get a lawn chair and check that bicth out.... Check the skies in a weekish.....

im not giving you a link... Mabye im making it up

This photo is from Comet PanSTARRS

This is the kind of view your in for folks...

Get up to date on your space jargon.... Going to be alot of it in the news in the future.... Here is a good video that was made in february about the comet.....

Approaching Comet Pan STARRS To Light Up The Sky In March 2013 - YouTube

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Cant say the same for Mars... Which might get smacked by 2013 A1 but thats another story.....

So yes research the name in old google, get a lawn chair and check that bicth out.... Check the skies in a weekish.....

lets hope that it doesn't destroy any of the humanoid made objects. eg. pyramids, faces, etc. 8O ;)

you should never call big objects in outer space, bitches. they might seek revenge. 8O ;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was out last night but alas we are surrounded by large trees and hills. The comet was only a few
degrees above the horizon. Between that and the evening mist that rolls in around sunset, I'm not
too optimistic that we'll see much of this comet.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
im still having trouble seeing it also......

The experts recommend that you use binoculars, or a camera with an time exposure setting.... The coming days though will be the best for viewing... Tonight and tommorow evening...

you should never call big objects in outer space, bitches. they might seek revenge. 8O ;)

i only pick fights i know i can win, son :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here is an image taken last night from Simon Fraser University.
A twenty second exposure through a fifty mm lense.
The comet is almost in the middle of the frame above the biggest tree.
We hope to get a better picture tonight using a telescope