Nature, Nurture, or Choice?

View Poll Results: Do you feel homosexuality is an issue of nature, or nurture, or of choice?
Nature 17 58.62%
Nurture 1 3.45%
Choice 0 0%
A mixture of influences 9 31.03%
None of the above 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by levantyView Post

Ah, the nose-miner is sarcastic too! Sarcasm is a sign of timidity, fear, and cowardice to put it mildly. You say the opposite of what you mean because you're afraid of what people may think of your truth, your opinion, your right to express. As for humility, you have got to be the most arrogant person here bud....show me one example of you being humble and I'll eat my words. Where do you get off telling other people what to do? The very one who can't even agree to disagree with anyone. You think that you're the only one who has the right to express themselves (however that may be)? I don't have to put on a "polite and humble" dress for you Cliff, you see, people often get exactly what they themselves dished out......mainly a stinky pile of horse manure!

Cliff arrogant? Just a couple more observations like that and you will likely lose ALL your credibility!

TenPenny

I am officially blocking cliffy and tenpenny from my view....let it be known that they are trouble makers who have nothing better to do that piss people off and contradict everything possible.

I do love the maturity of running around announcing that you are putting someone on 'ignore'.

lalalalalalalala I can't HEAR YOU said the four year old.

levanty
[QUOTE=JLM;1513261]

Well you're very *ucking fugly* men,

QUOTE]

Such language for a Bible thumper!

They just took the whole Christian discussion thing too far JLM. If that was a place to bash Christians, then they should call it the Christian bashing forum. I am still upset that the mods haven't intervened and have resorted to revenge to try and get the point across. I'm just doing exactly what was done to me. I guess it only matters when I do it and not them (the name calling and insults of course).

TenPenny
I wasn't aware that I called him/her/it names and swore at him/her/it, but I suppose anything is possible.

Goober
+1

I am officially blocking cliffy and tenpenny from my view....let it be known that they are trouble makers who have nothing better to do that piss people off and contradict everything possible.

Nothing like practicing what you so called preach now ain't it

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. (NIV) This answer by Jesus makes it clear that forgiveness is not easy for us. It's not a one-time choice and then we automatically live in a state of forgiveness. Forgiveness may require a lifetime of forgiving, but it is important to the Lord. We must continue forgiving until the matter is settled in our heart

Johnnny
Heres a curve ball that is worthy of its own thread but similar to the intentions of this thread...

Is Asexuality nature or choice and, is asexuality a way of nature curbing population inceases...

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

Heres a curve ball that is worthy of its own thread but similar to the intentions of this thread...

Is Asexuality nature or choice and, is asexuality a way of nature curbing population inceases...

Aren't barnacles asexual?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Aren't barnacles asexual?

No...Barnacles Can Change ***** Size and Shape (external - login to view)

levanty
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. (NIV) This answer by Jesus makes it clear that forgiveness is not easy for us. It's not a one-time choice and then we automatically live in a state of forgiveness. Forgiveness may require a lifetime of forgiving, but it is important to the Lord. We must continue forgiving until the matter is settled in our heart

I only preach salvation by grace, not of works lest any man should boast....I have repeatedly said this but you choose not to hear.
An interesting and note-worthy point though is that you quote the scripture in judgement of me.
Satan also used scripture on Jesus at the Mount where He was tempted.

I only preach salvation by grace, not of works lest any man should boast....I have repeatedly said this but you choose not to hear.
An interesting and note-worthy point though is that you quote the scripture in judgement of me.
Satan also used scripture on Jesus at the Mount where He was tempted.

Glad to see that you're reading the Word

karrie
+1
Hold on.... since you never replied in the Christian discussion thread I'll raise the issue here.... if you wanted people sticking strictly to the subforum topics, please keep religion out of this thread. This is the science and environment subforum. Thanks.

levanty
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Hold on.... since you never replied in the Christian discussion thread I'll raise the issue here.... if you wanted people sticking strictly to the subforum topics, please keep religion out of this thread. This is the science and environment subforum. Thanks.

I would gladly reply but didn't read all the posts so forgive my ignorance. What I don't get is why you didn't slap Goober on the hand for provoking me with this previous post?

Quote: Originally Posted by Goober

karrie
He didn't start a thread complaining about what people talk about, why would I point out that he ought to lead by example?

levanty
+1

He didn't start a thread complaining about what people talk about, why would I point out that he ought to lead by example?

touché. My apologies.

touché. My apologies.

Coming around the bend here....and as always, in my opinion...homosexuals are "naturally" attracted to same sex as heteros are "naturally attracted to the opposite however, we all have a choice as to what we "do" with our sexuality.

karrie
The Kinsey scale would imply that some people do indeed have some choice in what they do with their sexuality, but for those who live at the extreme ends of the scale, it seems to me the choice is live in misery or live happily, and I don't truly believe that living in misery is a valid human choice. We simply aren't wired that way.

levanty

The Kinsey scale would imply that some people do indeed have some choice in what they do with their sexuality, but for those who live at the extreme ends of the scale, it seems to me the choice is live in misery or live happily, and I don't truly believe that living in misery is a valid human choice. We simply aren't wired that way.

When you say those living at extreme ends, do you mean for example; a gay man trying to act straight?

karrie
+1

When you say those living at extreme ends, do you mean for example; a gay man trying to act straight?

No, I mean people who fall at either extreme end of the Kinsey Scale of sexuality. So, someone who is either 100% straight, or 100% gay. For someone who is 100% gay, the option of living straight is no more palatable or acceptable as an individual than it would be for someone who is 100% straight, to attempt to live as a gay. The choice is either happiness or abject misery. Which makes it seem to be no choice at all, don't you think?

levanty
[QUOTE=karrie;1515034]For someone who is 100% gay, the option of living straight is no more palatable or acceptable as an individual than it would be for someone who is 100% straight, to attempt to live as a gay. QUOTE]

So my question (although one sided) implied the same understanding as above, and yes, should've been your answer.
Being on extreme sides of the scale and then told that we have a choice, isn't really working for you, in which case, I totally agree.
I find it confusing though with many alternate and somewhat integrated possibilities.

karrie

So my question (although one sided) implied the same understanding as above, and yes, should've been your answer.

No, my answer was exactly as I answered.... choice exists for those who fall in the inside of the scale, but I really don't see there being a choice for the people who are at the extreme ends. Given the alternative between accepting love and happiness, or, denying your true self, I really don't think any human being with a scrap of love for themselves can accept the latter.

Cliffy
[QUOTE=levanty;1515042]

For someone who is 100% gay, the option of living straight is no more palatable or acceptable as an individual than it would be for someone who is 100% straight, to attempt to live as a gay. QUOTE]

Being on extreme sides of the scale and then told that we have a choice, isn't really working for you, in which case, I totally agree.
I find it confusing though with many alternate and somewhat integrated possibilities.

Chaos is a result of sudden growth spurts. Humanity is experiencing one of those as we step up to the next rung on the evolutionary ladder. Confusion is a state of mind common to those who's minds are a steel trap, a trap that is, by the way, illegal in Canada.

levanty

No, my answer was exactly as I answered.... choice exists for those who fall in the inside of the scale, but I really don't see there being a choice for the people who are at the extreme ends. Given the alternative between accepting love and happiness, or, denying your true self, I really don't think any human being with a scrap of love for themselves can accept the latter.

What about if they're only 90% gay or straight and told that they have a choice? At what percentage would you find it acceptable to tell someone that they have a choice?

talloola
+1

What about if they're only 90% gay or straight and told that they have a choice? At what percentage would you find it acceptable to tell someone that they have a choice?

who should ever 'tell' them what 'their' choices are, it is their own business and not for
anyone to interfere with, especially if they are judging.

karrie
+1

You still can't tell someone they have a choice. Only they know the truth of what they can live with.