What do you call this ?

charlesbb

Mar 2, 2010
I'm studying English and I have a question :
What do you call a person who is too face-saving , he can never take criticisms , he hates being commented and he gets mad whenever people point out his mistakes ?

Give me a common word to call this kind of person please !

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
What do you call a person who is too face-saving , he can never take criticisms , he hates being commented and he gets mad whenever people point out his mistakes ?

human

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
I know what word you're looking for, just can't 'spit it out' just yet.... Thinking.....

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Only an insecure person cannot take criticism. Insecurity is behind bullying and displays of egotism, bragging, angry outbursts. Just because someone is aggressive doesn't necessarily mean they are confident. Usually it is a smoke screen to cover up what is really going on.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
I was thinking more along the lines of "nobody can tell me I'm wrong". Just can't think of the word.

charlesbb

Mar 2, 2010
I was thinking more along the lines of "nobody can tell me I'm wrong". Just can't think of the word.
yer it's really close to that , Nobody can tell him wrong and he's afraid of facing his weakness !

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
charlesbb wondered:

"What do you call a person who is too face-saving , he can never take criticisms , he hates being commented and he gets mad whenever people point out his mistakes ?"

The answer is obvious: BARAK HUSSAIN OBAMA.

Or on a much, much lower level, SirJosephPorter.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
CharlesbbSensitive - Overly-sensitive or Insecure (mentioned before).If it a personal insult, he/she could be quite normal and have a valid reaction of anger.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

immature, egotistical.

charlesbb wondered:

"What do you call a person who is too face-saving , he can never take criticisms , he hates being commented and he gets mad whenever people point out his mistakes ?"

I'm far too nice of a person to be able to agree with your second choice................:lol::lol::lol:

charlesbb wondered:

You're going to get the mods just p*ssed right off at you............:lol::lol::lol:

charlesbb

Mar 2, 2010
Try curmudgeon (usually associated with men past their prime)
Curmudgeons are not always incompetent and self centered

CharlesbbSensitive - Overly-sensitive or Insecure (mentioned before).If it a personal insult, he/she could be quite normal and have a valid reaction of anger.
Hey , overly-sensitive sounds correct ! I like that .

immature, egotistical.
immature : totally agree
egotistical : maybe

for sure

My ex....
sorry to hear that

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

I'd call him an idiot but thats just my personal philosophy: how can you improve yourself if you don't acknowledge the shortcomings that others see in you? They aren't always necessarily right but to assess if they are, you need to know.

Now to use a generic term, Curiosity's choices of "overly sensitive" or "insecure" work. I might call them "touchy" too.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Then there are the variety whose description would fit well under the heading "SH*T DON'T STINK"- perhaps if you look long and hard you may come across examples here..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
charlesbbThere are some instances when a person is rebuked or insulted by another with words or deeds hurtful to them. In that case any normal person would feel anger or hurt if it was unjustified challenge.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
'disrespectful' of others opinions.
'unwilling to learn'

but, it must be pointed out, that constantly pointing out others
mistakes also makes 'you' a person who needs a 'title'. lol