looking for hot spots...in Montreal, that is

wanderwoman

Jan 16, 2010
I've never been to Montreal but will be moving there soon...I am looking to live in a neighborhood with lots of charm, character, personality, and style...friendly, artsy, eccentric vibe...any suggestions? I don't like to shop at malls...I prefer local boutiques, cafes...I want to know Montreal's treasures and underground clubs, pubs and music...Thanks for your Help!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Wish i could help you but I hate Montreal . Wish the highway would bypass it. If you don't have a car then less headaches you will have. I just hate big cities.
Tho I like Ottawa , it was super clean.
you want charm , i love old quebec city.
Why are you moving to Montreal ?

wanderwoman

Jan 16, 2010
el barto...tell me more about old quebec city too...is it mostly french or english speaking...either is fine :)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I need snow, big city, and only a 6 hour drive to New york city...tell me more about Ottawa
You may want to stay south shore of Montreal then . Why snow ? you ski? If so Mount Bromont is around an hour away if not less from Montreal.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
el barto...tell me more about old quebec city too...is it mostly french or english speaking...either is fine :)
Quebec city has a small anglo community. Generaly there they look you in the eye compared to Montreal. You should basically talk to S_Lone . hes in Montreal.
All I can tell you is that when i visit a city Quebec city is on top of my list.
I do not know all your needs , you would have to go see yourself.