Visiting Alberta/British Columbia!

CanadaHolland

09/07/09
Dec 16, 2005
The Netherlands
Hey all. Im going to Canada for a month, 10 days on my own and then my partents and sisters will come over too. We are going to travel through AB and BC for a week/10 days, and i was wondering, what are just beautiful places (for example: Lake Louise, Waterton Lakes) or just fun places to visit (Medicine Hat Waterslides) ? Because i want to spend this vacantion as best as i can, ofcourse! By the way, my ''hometown'' this summer is Taber, located 3 hours from Calgary/1 hour from Medicine Hat. And about the Medicine Hat Waterslides, does anyone knows if its open this summer? Because it was closed last year for maintenance, my brother said.

Lots of questions eh? :smile: Well, thanks in advance!

Greetings from Holland.

Edit; sorry for my sucky posts in the past, and my sucky username, but i made it when i was like 11/12 or something. :p Lets say i became more mature^^

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
What about spending a few days in Calgary?

Lake Louise is very picturesque and Banff is of course part of the package.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Borrow a couple of mountain bikes and head to Kaninaskis country. Look for a book called Backcountry Biking. The Glaciers are pretty cool ... Jasper area.

CanadaHolland

09/07/09
Dec 16, 2005
The Netherlands
Cool, thanks for the replies!

@Andem, I already have been to Lake Louise, but we will see. I already heard about Banff, ill check it out, thanks :)

@Ariadne, I looked for the Kaninakis country in Google Earth, and it seems fun! I guess you can mountain bike there very well. The glaciers also seem cool. Thanks!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
if you visit vancouver island, make sure you take a couple of days on the west coast, ucluelet and tofino, nowhere else like it on earth.
the island has some of the best mountain biking trails in b.c., if that is your interest.
victoria is always interesting, and very pretty, and any of the ferry rides are a
must, beautiful ride and beautiful views.
Vancouvers stanley park of course, have been there hundreds of times, always
fun, and a great walk around the sea wall, good swimming, and great sight seeing.

Have a great trip, drive safe.