U.S. to Fort McMoney (McMurray}

guch09

Dec 27, 2008
Hey, I want to move from florida to fort mcmurray, start over at 40 something, make some big $$. can anyone relate??

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
you might be a little late.
i believe with oil prices dropping the tar sands are becoming to costly to mine at a profit.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I hear Campbell is talking about sea exploration between Queen Charlotte's and Van Island. Could be some big bucks for someone with no conscience. So what if we kill off all the Orcas, sea Otters and wild salmon? There's money to be made before life for us all comes to a screaming halt because of our greed and stupidity.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
You know what they say about Fort Mac, it's Newfoundland's largest city ;-), now Danny Williams is trying to get all his constituents back to the oil boom at home. I wonder how that's going to pan out since the boom has sort of gone bust. With the low price of crude and the high price of extracting bitumen from the oilsands they may be headed home whether they want to or not.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The boom's gone bust, but, no people I know are selling their cars and walking more. Now might actually be THE time to get into Fort Mac. OPEC has slashed production, and it won't be long before speculators see a tiny drop in supply and freak out, driving the price right back through the roof where it was. The boom may simply be sleeping. So, if you decide to move up to Fort Mac, realize that you're speculating just as much as anyone else who invests in the oil industry does, and don't be pissed if you don't get handed everything on a silver platter for your trouble.