best house builders in calgary and best areas to live the weather in calgary

mandiek

Dec 10, 2008
runcorn united kingdom
Hi i will be moving to Calgary next year with my husband and my young son just wanted to know what are the best areas to live and who some of the better house builders are and who do i avoid i have seen holmes on holmes lol i have been looking at the areas of okkotoks airdrie and carstairs and housebuilders like gold seal would love to hear from any one who can help
thanks

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Hi i will be moving to Calgary next year with my husband and my young son just wanted to know what are the best areas to live and who some of the better house builders are and who do i avoid i have seen holmes on holmes lol i have been looking at the areas of okkotoks airdrie and carstairs and housebuilders like gold seal would love to hear from any one who can help
thanks

Start with High Ground....Then the BBB.

Bob Truman is an honest small builder, and if he is overloaded, he can recommend.

AVOID the 'Med look', as we get the occasional disaster storm.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I would look at where the flooding has occured and pick a spot far outside of that zone......

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would look at where the flooding has occured and pick a spot far outside of that zone......
Uh, guys, this is a 5 year old thread. This person is probably already in the flood zone wishing they hadn't moved there.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I wonder how many considered burning their house down to the oncoming water line. Flood coming- no flood insurance-house fire. Hmmm.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nice Necro Thread..

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The current ones are kind of dry. They are mostly Muzzie hate threads and others from animal abusing neo-con booster clubs.

AnnieMcT

Nov 27, 2013
thanks

If you are looking for a home or know of someone who still is, we are selling our home and it is in show home condition, it is not in a flood zone in the Village of Prestwick in McKenzie Towne,, Calgary AB, Please follow this link REALTOR.ca -Property Details C3591329
the MLS Listing number is 3591329.
Schools are only 1 to 2 blocks away, Large new hospital within a 5 min drive and shopping centres only blocks away.
Thank you for your time

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Any house in the flood plains is something I would avoid. Other that that Cowtown is. All the current builders are pretty similar, if you want more check with the better business bureau. Welcome aboard.

I wonder how many considered burning their house down to the oncoming water line. Flood coming- no flood insurance-house fire. Hmmm.
How the **** do insurance companies even get away with getting away from covering water damage when the building is on a known flood plain. The City should have been refusing to even allow building because no insurance is available if the water comes overland.

homebuilderguy

May 18, 2017
I would recommend you using River View custom home builder, they're offering to build luxury new home or large scale renovation at affordable price rates than the other that I've googled, if you have questions or your interested, visit their site here: http://riverviewcustomhomes.ca​ I hope it helps