Will I Survive In Alberta?

pinkpaws10

Aug 21, 2008
greetings! i was offered a job in a fast food restaurant in Alberta for a monthly income of $2,238. I've been researching re cost of living in Alberta. btw im a Filipina. I need some information re:

1. will i survive with a monthly income of $2,238?
2. can i apply for another job? basically have 2 jobs.
3. any idea for the cost of a small room where i can stay?
4. what is the normal working hours in a fastfood chain in canada? (I haven't signed any contract yet that's why i don't have any idea about this)

any response will be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
A lot depends on where in Alberta that you will live. Also how much that you will clear from your paycheque. You should be able to work two jobs,but you should talk to a gov't official first. Normal working hours are 8 a day,and can be day or night.Good luck.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
In Ontario, you could live on that amount of money, but you wouldn't be able to buy the "fun extras" very often. The cost of living is far greater in Alberta, but if you find the right job the pay is more as well. If you are going to work two jobs, you should be find. You just won't have very much free time.;-)

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Filipina, if you are healthy, and not afraid of work you will survive!!! One of my daughters went out to Alberta many years ago; she did well, and has never wanted to come back to hot, humid and crowded Ontario!

Good Luck!:wave::hello1:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I suspect most of your salaries will have to be spent on warm clothing[if you want to survive our Winters]. It's impossible to even envision -40 unless you're from here.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
You could survive, but you would be damn poor! And, don't get sick unless you're a Canadian or landed immigrant.