Filipinos in Canada

alexandra

Feb 28, 2007
Hi!

I hope you could help me here... I'm planning to migrate to canada together with my family. As it is now, it is really hard to get a working visa from here unless a company has offered a job.

I have tried sending applications to several companies through the job bank and other companies, i have receive no reply. Some agencies are offering a placement but with processing fee.

I hope you could give me advice on what's best to do. My work experience is in building/property administration.

Salamat!

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Hi!

I hope you could help me here... I'm planning to migrate to canada together with my family. As it is now, it is really hard to get a working visa from here unless a company has offered a job.

I have tried sending applications to several companies through the job bank and other companies, i have receive no reply. Some agencies are offering a placement but with processing fee.

I hope you could give me advice on what's best to do. My work experience is in building/property administration.

Salamat!

Kamostaka!

The easiest way is with a legitimate job. Several Filipinos use the nanny route to enter the country. Have you considered that option?

I wouldn't pay anybody, that sounds rather "scammish"

What part of the Philippines are you in?

I've been to Manila, Bagio and Cebu..Cebu is a great city!

alexandra

Feb 28, 2007
Hi Sanctus,

I'm from manila "best for its night life".
I havent tried the nanny route. Following the threads in some forums, they had advice to apply directly to employers thru job bank . Some were succesful in doing that, applying for both skilled or unskilled work. But still no luck for me until now. 'm thinking doing the provincial nominee but most of my relatives ar in ontario

P.S.
How do i post my picture here, trying to load it up several times before. Teach me please

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Hi Sanctus,

I havent tried the nanny route. Following the threads in some forums, they had advice to apply directly to employers thru job bank . Some were succesful in doing that, applying for both skilled or unskilled work. But still no luck for me until now. 'm thinking doing the provincial nominee but most of my relatives ar in ontario

P.S.
How do i post my picture here, trying to load it up several times before. Teach me please

You need to have a certain number of posts before it is permitted. I think it is 50, but may be incorrect. It can be done through the control panel and editing options tab.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Hi Sanctus,

What's wrong with Ontario? It's the heart of Canada.Can't your cousins sponsor you?

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Hey there...I don't know if this helps at all, but I do know that Alberta has a sizeable labour shortage. So, maybe, I'm not sure, but focusing on Alberta companies who are desperate for help and willing to sponsor you and give you a job and such might be the way to go. There is PLENTY of contruction and building related stuff going on here...and the demand is overwhelming for most companies.

Again, don't know if that helps. Best of luck!!!!

alexandra

Feb 28, 2007
thanks for the help.

Sanctus, i haven't tried to ask them that. most of them are advicing me to apply as a skilled worker.

Maybe i'll try Alberta, wish me luck please.... or if you could reccomend me some companies that i could email .... i'll just search the net... hehehehe pm me