Time limit for non-citizen

darsunt

Jul 4, 2006
How long can a non-citizen stay in Canada? And is there any way for a non citizen to obtain permission to stay in Canada permanently (legally)?

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Time limit for non-ci

I remember this scottish guy at the hostel I was staying at in Niagara saying he was gonna stay for a few months, maybe do some work........

But then he told us he didnt have a visa and thought he did'nt need one.....idiot, I've got an extenable 1-year one, I suppose it greatly depends on what your doing and where your coming from

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
Re: RE: Time limit for non-ci

darsunt said:
I am a US citizen

I don't think I need a visa

It doesn't matter that you are a US citizen. If you are not a Canadian citizen you need a visa. There are new rules now you need your passport just to get over the boarders.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Nikki said:
darsunt said:
I am a US citizen

It doesn't matter that you are a US citizen. If you are not a Canadian citizen you need a visa. There are new rules now you need your passport just to get over the boarders.

Do you have a cite or some other info that specify that you must have a visa to enter? A friend and her family tried to enter just this past week but were stopped at the border --- they are Native Americans and I thought that they had a right to enter at will via a treaty.

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006

darsunt said:
I am a US citizen

Idiot. If you are not a Canadian citizen and you intend to be here for an extended period of time you bloody well do need a visa. Why do you not think you need one? Just because you are a US citizen? Who in hell do you Americans think you are? This is a sovereign nation. You are but a guest here. Never forget it bub.