I'm moving north

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'm british, married to a girl from newfoundland, and this autumn we're moving to northern alberta (fox lake, in the little red river cree nation). I'd like to know more about it, advice on jobs, travelling there, what to expect from the local culture etc etc etc...

if anyone has anything they'd like to tell me i'd be grateful

PS this decision is already made so no negativity please ive heard all the stories about the first nations people and I intend to take them with a pinch of salt.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
hermanntrude said:
I'm british, married to a girl from newfoundland, and this autumn we're moving to northern alberta (fox lake, in the little red river cree nation). I'd like to know more about it, advice on jobs, travelling there, what to expect from the local culture etc etc etc...

if anyone has anything they'd like to tell me i'd be grateful

PS this decision is already made so no negativity please ive heard all the stories about the first nations people and I intend to take them with a pinch of salt.

First Nations people are very nice people. If what you've been hearing about them is negative, take it all with a bag of salt. You'll see when you get there... Great people.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
thanks for the info. i figured as much... most people like u if you're not an a$$hole.

Have u lived up there? can u tell me more? i want to know as much as i can

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
hermanntrude said:
thanks for the info. i figured as much... most people like u if you're not an a$$hole.

Have u lived up there? can u tell me more? i want to know as much as i can

No, I don't live in Alberta. I live in Ontario, but my hometown is surrounded by three First Nations reservations.