Desperate Mother

straw

Jun 11, 2006
West End
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, my "friend" is Japanese and she is with this dead-beat guy and has a baby with this dead-beat guy and the dead-beat guy is Canadian as is of course the baby. But here is the problem, the Japanese girl's (the Canadian baby's mother) visa is about to expire (Aug. 15). And as I might have mentioned before, her.... (their not even married) husband...? is a bit of a bead-beat so they can not do what normal people do and pay the $2000 (or so) to sponsor her and get a criminal recored check (that he would probably fail anyway), and physicals, and whatever else you have to do for sponsorship these days. So is she screwed? There is no "Mother Visa" is there? I heard that there is some special rule or something where, if a family (like mother and daughter) get separated following Canadian immigration rules, the Canadian embassy in the foreign country has to do everything they can to re-unite the family. Does anyone know if this is true, or have any more detailed information, or have any bright ideas? Please do not say to go to immigration, I have already been. Three times, and as best I can decipher their rhetoric, the above scenario is correct. Any replies appreciated. I am also curious to hear of similar stories of the new immigration regulations splitting up families.

straw

Jun 11, 2006
West End
My point is that, don't you think it is a little weird that the mother of a CANADIAN can not stay in CANADA?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Not sure how this fits in to this but I've heard of birth holidays to Canada. A group of pregnant women fly to Canada and give birth. The kids automatically become Canadian citizens but, If I remember this correctly, the birth parents must wait 18 years to get automatic landed immigrant status. They fly home then return in 18 years and instantly become Canadians.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
straw said:
My point is that, don't you think it is a little weird that the mother of a CANADIAN can not stay in CANADA?

Nope :!: I think it's a great system. Why should Canada grant automatic citizenship to someone who got pregnant by a "deadbeat" ?(to quote your own words) Take a number and get in line like everyone else.