Moving to Canada...

beckyprest

May 28, 2006
Hello my name is Becky and I am sixteen years old. Canada has always fascinated me and I am planning to continue my studies there in a few years. I was wondering if anybody could help me with locations? I would need an area with good universities and preferably close to or in British Columbia. Although I have only visited Canada once, I would like to say what a beautiful country you have, it took my breath away. It would be a great honour to go and live there. If anyone could help, I would be extremely grateful.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Welcome to CC.net!

Hey, beckyprest!

Welcome to Canadian Content. If you ever need assistance, I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have through whatever contact methods are posted in my profile. Or, if you have any questions or comments, you can of course contact one of our Administrators or Moderators, any of whom would be quite happy to assist you.

I live in the Province of British Columbia, and you are quite correct that this is a beautiful Province! If you would like some suggestions as to where to move to, I would suggest somewhere in the Greater Vancouver area (which has relatively-easy access to major universities in the area). The nature in this area is quite impressive, and I think that this alone would be reason enough to move in. :)

BOSS30001

May 29, 2006
Iam moving to montreal within 2 weeks.What is the possibility of findinG a JOB,Given that I speak english very good,My french is very poor.Can I find a job easy,especiallty in winter because the weather is very cold.Iam in USA.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
BOSS30001 said:
Iam moving to montreal within 2 weeks.What is the possibility of findinG a JOB,Given that I speak english very good,My french is very poor.Can I find a job easy,especiallty in winter because the weather is very cold.Iam in USA.
it's hard always to find a job.
and of course it depends on your skills, your experience, and the kind of work you are looking for.

oceana

May 29, 2006
BOSS30001 said:

Oh you ll find lots of jobs when you go to Montreal... a language is not necessary you better pretend to be mute than speak English ;P

If you have a masters degree or a Ph.D here are the jobs you'll find yourself qualified for:
Dish washer - Cab driver - Burger Flipper - Tim Horton's server - Grocery store clerk - Janitor - etc.

If you don't have a masters +, then you ll be unemployed.

Oh best of all jobs is Welfare Cheque Collector that one is the best you don t even have to work and they send you money to your house (postage paid)

If you can stay in the US, do so and you ll thank me for the advice.