Universite Laval

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
I have to nominate my choice of in-country study for the International Studies part of my uni degree and I'm still tossing up between France or Quebec. Can anyone tell me about Universite Laval? This is the uni I would be studying at for 2 semesters if I choose Canada. Can I live on campus? Is it a social uni??

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I know nothing about this university, but if you we're to go to the university's offical website and they should have information about if you can live on campus or not. =? I plan on going to school in Toronto or Oakville so i'm not much help.

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
Thanks for your help Riyko :) Yeah I've been on the website many times, the majority of it is in French though so I find it a bit hard to understand. I know that they have on-campus residence but I dunno if its a college-type thing or simply accommodation within the school grounds. Oh well....I'll figure it out sonner or later :p

Chake99

Nominee Member
Mar 26, 2005
You want to study in France or Quebec but don't know French? oh dear...

If you're dead-set on Quebec or France though I think I would recommend a more english speaking university in Quebec (mcgill?), going to a french speaking university when you don't know the language seems... sort of... well... yeah. And you would still be in a french speaking place.

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
No no no lol. I speak French, well a bit anyway. But this is part of my International Studies course here, in Sydney. I do the first 3 years of my degree here, studying business and French language and culture, then I spend 4th year at an overseas university, then come back to finish my degree in Australia.

It's a language and culture immersion program.

SlayerJake

May 7, 2006
Montréal
"Université Laval campus is one of the most striking in Quebec. It covers 1.2 sq. km and has over 30 pavilions, all linked by 10 km of underground walkways.

Its four student residences total 2 300 rooms. The newly erected Alphonse-Desjardins/Maurice-Pollack Building is a focal point for campus community services."

So, I guess you can live there on campus. I'm pretty sure it is a social uni.

Edit: Oh, quote taken from uni website.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
" Enracinée depuis ses débuts à Québec, capitale du Québec reconnue par l’UNESCO comme ville du patrimoine mondial, l’Université Laval possède les seules facultés francophones d’Amérique en sciences de l’agriculture et de l’alimentation et en foresterie et géomatique.

L’Université est pleinement entrée dans la révolution des technologies de l’information, avec notamment un accès simplifié et universel à Internet pour tous ses étudiants et ses autres membres. "

source http://www.aucc.ca/