Medical Advice Needed

Jojo

Apr 8, 2005
Hi there
Can anyone give me some advice with regard to weather my husbands arthritic ankle would stop us being able to immigrate to Calgary. It is manageable with medication and he has not had time off work with it. He was offered an op in January but had not long started a new job and would need time off afterwards so he declined. He is not keen on haveing the op at all but has been a bit pressured by his parents. However a immigration lawyer has adviced us that the past has no relevance and it is how much of a drain he would be to the Candaian healthcare system in the future that matters. We have requested a letter from his consultant but it is impossible for anyone to tell the future so dont know if this would help our cause. My husband feels that he would be no more of a drain than a smoker who could develop smoking related diseases. Is this fair comment?
I appreciate there are a lot of questions but we dont want to spend a lot of money and waste time and effort if our dream of moving to Canada isn't realistic and we have four children to consider.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Jo & Rick

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
i don't believe a medical condition such as this would impede your immigration process whatsoever.

you may find more difficulty securing an extended health-care provider, though - most seem to turn their noses up at pre-existing conditions, but there's always a way.

out of curiosity, what made you choose calgary as your landing point?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It shouldn't be a problem, Jojo. It's not like there will be a whole lot of pills left to treat arthritis soon anyway. Beer actually works amazingly well as a treatment, oddly enough. ;-)