Hi Canadians!

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia
I came to this great forum to be more informed about Canada. I f***ing love Canada and I hope that I for year or two final visit to Canada for a few months. Later if I had the good fortune, to live and work in Canada, then I would be honored.
From an early age I was crazy for North America and always would love to live there, it's my dream, and I hope it will be for a couple of years and fulfill this dream. I weighed a lot which country is better for live, Canada or USA, and after much reading and information about these two countries I have decided that Canada is definitely the better option.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Welcome to CC, Brandeburg.

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia
...a few questions...

Hi!

I'm from the Croatia.
I'm planning to move to Canada, all of which I have heard about Canada only positive comments, and I read a lot about canada, and I try to learn better english, canadian culture,...
I have been thinking a lot whether it is better Canada or United States...
It seems to me that people in Canada have a much better mentality than Americans and also people say that Canadians are tolerant on ˝broken english˝ of foreigners and that are people more friendly that them.

I have a few questions:
1. Otherwise I am currently studying professional study of entrepreneurship in the second year of polytechnic (I do not know if there is such an institution in Canada or you may call it differently, in essence, it's kind of college)
Now I plan to go to Canada for a year or two, so I wondered if perhaps ˝I walk into an emptiness˝, because I'm not sure if will admit my acquired college education If I finish (graduate) on college in Croatia.
Then I do not know will I have to turn again to go to college (or university) in Canada???

2. The second question, many people who have worked in Canada tell me that the night clubs, pubs are open until only 2 to a maximum of 3 in the morning!
Why is this so, I think such a law is more like as if it is a conservative Arab country????
I never would have even thought of such a law exists in Canada, again I ask myself why is this so? (of course this does not diminish my desire to come to Canada)
...anyway I heard it once nightlife in Canada was very good, and that is why night clubs, pubs are open until the two hours is due to the police, a law that was supposedly because they had a party and nightlife, and of course with a lot of drugs and crime. But again I say it is so everywhere in the world, in my opinion because of that the law seems so strict.

I thank you in advance if someone can answer on my questions!

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Just wondering, what are the imigration policies like for croatians that want to live in Canada? Is it a difficult process? Are you free to visit on vacation?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Re: ...a few questions...

LOL I really don't know why we don't have bars that run all night. Most cities, I can speak specifically for Calgary, have 'illegal booze cans' ie after hours bars that operate without the apropriate licenses. They can be scummy and expensive, but often they are just expensive.

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia
Just wondering, what are the imigration policies like for croatians that want to live in Canada? Is it a difficult process? Are you free to visit on vacation?

We are free to visit Canada on vacation, we don´t need Visa if we go on vacation.

But of course it is for immigration to Canada a difficult process as much as for everyone else who wants to come live in Canada.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We are free to visit Canada on vacation, we don´t need Visa if we go on vacation.
It helps to have a certificate of insanity as most people are insane (including me) but most are not willing to admit it and prefer to remain in denial. Hope you can fit in.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Brandeburg, if you are interested in immigrating. Please look into immigrating to Quebec. It might be easier to pass all the french language certifications for Quebec than it is to pass the English requirements. Atleast keep in mind that there are two languages here, and two ways for you to imigrate.

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia
Hope you can fit in.

I hope so. :)

Brandeburg, if you are interested in immigrating. Please look into immigrating to Quebec. It might be easier to pass all the french language certifications for Quebec than it is to pass the English requirements. Atleast keep in mind that there are two languages here, and two ways for you to imigrate.

But unfortunately I do not even know the word French, so that I could not live there because it is still predominantly French there.
And for the English language I go on courses to be better mastered the language.

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia

LOL I really don't know why we don't have bars that run all night. Most cities, I can speak specifically for Calgary, have 'illegal booze cans' ie after hours bars that operate without the apropriate licenses. They can be scummy and expensive, but often they are just expensive.

It is great.
Also I guess, that you replace all that with house parties. :)

But pls do you know answer on my first question?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

It is great.
Also I guess, that you replace all that with house parties. :)

But pls do you know answer on my second question?

This link should help you, Brandeburg.

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

As for the hours our bars are open, one of the reasons you hear such great things about our country is probably because our bars are not open 24 hrs. You don't get to be a great country by spending all your time partying. :smile:

I will not get into them vs us on the issue of which country is better - the U.S. or Canada. Each country has its own merits and demerits. As the line in a song says, people are people wherever you go - the choice is up to you and research will help you make your decision.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I hope so. :)

But unfortunately I do not even know the word French, so that I could not live there because it is still predominantly French there.
And for the English language I go on courses to be better mastered the language.

I assume you mean "as for the English language, I will be attending courses to improve my language skills".

Welcome aboard. I'm sure we can help out.

people say that Canadians are tolerant on ˝broken english˝ of foreigners

Unfortunately, that might be Canada's undoing. The language problem here gets worse and worse as more foreigners (and more importantly and even worse, their families) are allowed to settle.

As a Crotian, I'm very sure your English will improve rapidly if you give it a try.

Last edited:

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia

Thanks for the welcome. :)

This link should help you, Brandeburg.

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

As for the hours our bars are open, one of the reasons you hear such great things about our country is probably because our bars are not open 24 hrs. You don't get to be a great country by spending all your time partying. :smile:

I will not get into them vs us on the issue of which country is better - the U.S. or Canada. Each country has its own merits and demerits. As the line in a song says, people are people wherever you go - the choice is up to you and research will help you make your decision.

I know for that website, but thanks.

You're right, partly because of the fact you are one of the most developed countries in the world.

Grrrr I'm so dumb, correction, do you know the answer to the first question, I wrote wrong, .

Brandeburg

Jul 11, 2011
Croatia
Look at that! Your English has improved already.
Haha, ofc I know english, but I still not know enough words, so when I don't know some word I use google translator.

I assume you mean "as for the English language, I will be attending courses to improve my language skills".

Welcome aboard. I'm sure we can help out.

Thanks, that is right, I go on courses because I want to improve my language skils.

Unfortunately, that might be Canada's undoing. The language problem here gets worse and worse as more foreigners (and more importantly and even worse, their families) are allowed to settle.

As a Crotian, I'm very sure your English will improve rapidly if you give it a try.

You're right.

Tnx, I hope also that my english will improve rapidly, because of that I go on courses, courses are expensive,but worth it.

Yes it is so sadly. Whole families come to Canada, and they do not know even ˝e˝ of English.

I think that language is learned best when you are in an environment where the language is official.
If I was lucky and I manage to immigrate to Canada, I'll come down here then in Canada alone, not my whole family. Only me.

Then ... pls does anyone know the answer to my first question,because it's important that I know that!!!

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
First of all, WELCOME!

But tell me what are you trying to accomplish by this:

"I f***ing love Canada"

in your first post. Trying to be a genuine Canadian?